Thrush

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

Okay so I've suffered from thrush before about twice in my life. One time I had to have the pessary and a cream, the other I was fine with just a cream.

I'm not sure if I'm in those first stages of getting it or not. I'm quite prone to things like thrush and cystitis and UTI's - before I was pregnant I would get cystitis almost constantly. Since I've been pregnant, I've not suffered at all (which has been lovely by the way!)

But everytime I've had thrush before, I've been unbearably itchy and then swollen etc.

At the moment, I'm just swollen and a little sore - which I know could be unrelated as I've been swollen for a while now. I have a lot of discharge too, but I've had that all through my pregnancy so far too. I'm not itchy at all and my discharge doesn't smell, nor does it have the consistency it normally does when I suffer.

I see my midwife next week so I'll mention it to her then - I think she said something about checking for infections during that appointment or something anyway.

But have you ever suffered with thrush, but not been itchy?
Or is itchiness always a symptom?

The only symptom I had was soreness after we dtd and soreness a little just throughout the day...

I read on here that it could be thrush and tried a cream over the counter (mw advised no internal) and I am fine dtd and just in general now... So I'm assuming that's what it was...

I have only ever had thrush with an itch before so I was quite shocked As well

Mine caused real burning and pain when I moved basically.

I was given a pessary and cream, it helped a lot.

Ive just taken the pessary for the same thing. I had no itching or redness just a white lotion type discharge and some swelling. Symptoms we not too bad but I just knew something wasn't right. Feel much better now. Don't forget you can't take the oral version of the medication for thrush x

I've had thrush almost constantly and all it's been is itchy but when mw took swab on Thursday she said I looked sore ( I hadn't been itching) and as ordered me some pesseries. I think you can only get one or two symptoms without others

I have thrush and not itchy. Have got a cream and pessary for it.

Hmm, I don't feel particularly sore anymore so think ill just mention it to midwife when she does her swabs.

why are they doing swabs? Just wondering as we only get them if you are suspected of GBS or something. They should do them for everyone I think!

I thought I had thrush again due to swellling and uncomfiness but when I used a mirror to look it turned out to be vulval varices.

She said it was just a routine swab that she does to check for any infections. I suppose for cases like this when you could have something and not even notice it!

I asked my midwife to do a urine test for bacteria just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->