Thrush

Talia12

Reaction score
I had sex with my husband the night before last and coupled with the weeks course of antibiotics I just finished taking for a UTI, it's set off thrush... What can I take, I have fluconazole tablets but is it better just to get a cream or pessary?

The doctor told me that the tablets weren't safe and gave me a pessary instead. I think I'm going to have to go back though as I'm not convinced it's completely gone.

I used the cream.. don't use the tablets! I was also told they aren't safe during pregnancy.

Yeh don't use the tablets! I had terrible probs with thrush when I fell preggo, for weeks, the midwife said just hormones. Anyways I got a feminine wash (sanex one) and haven't hAd thrush since! It's meant to help with the ph. Might not work for everyone but worth a try if you find it's becoming a recurrent problem xxx

Ask a pharmacist, they will know what to suggest for you. Hope it goes quickly.

I use the cream during pregnancy and watch my sugar intake to keep them at bay. When I was pregnant with my second and third, I constantly had yeast infections! It was terrible!!! If you end up with another infection, I figured out how to stop it, so let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->