Thumb Sucking.

Caroline

Proud Mum of 4
Reaction score
In the past couple of days Kayleigh has started sucking her thumb. Is it best to just go withit and hope she grows out of it, or do i try her with a dummy, bearing in mind she took to a teat with difficulty.

My other 2 never had dummies and weren't thumb suckers, so eally not sure what to do.

Personally i prefer thumbs to dummies!!

Maddie is a thumb sucker and i think its cute ....

Let her go with it hunni, the more you try to get her not to, she will lol

xxx

I know what you mean Imi, she looks really cute. I don't particularly like dummies either, was just a bit worried about whats best for teeth.

Given a choice i think she'd be happier with her thumb

I reckon a dummy is better tbh .. i know i havent had any kids but i sucked my thumb and never even had a dummy. I sucked it til i was 15 when i needed a brace to sort my teeth out!! Was very difficult to give it up after 15 years believe me .. lol. But you can take a dummy away .. you cant take a thumb away. I work with a bloke whos 23 and he STILL sucks his thumb and my sister does too and she is 32!

i agree with trinity... thumbs make teeth stick out... i too had braces

I sucked my thumb i had braces but only as my back teeth were too far spaced out, nothing to do with sucking my thumb.
I don't like dummies, Ewan never had one, he sucks labels on toys and blankets instead!

thank for the replies, she only seems to do it at the moment for comfort when gooing to sleep. Will leave her for now but if it becomes more frequent will maybe have too rethink.

Maddie only sucks hers when she sleeps and is tired ...

NEVER in the day unless she is ready for a sleep

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->