Thyroid causing so much worry for me, anyone with advice???

taylorttc

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

For around 2 years I had been on thyroxine medication for my thyroid, however now since founding out I am pregnant I have been extremely worrying about the effects a thyroid problem can have. :cry:

It can cause miscarriage, birth defects, premature birth, the list goes on and i cant help but worry myself.

Midwife seems to think that i'll be fine and will have my blood checked on the 30th, but that seems ages away... :cry:

Worried sick.

Anyone with any advice?????

:hugs::hugs:

I have a slightly high thyroid and I'm on a low dose of medication for it. It doesn't harm the baby at all. In fact, it would do more harm if it's not taken care of.

Is your medication safe for pregnancy? I'd ask your doc.

I have a slightly high thyroid and I'm on a low dose of medication for it. It doesn't harm the baby at all. In fact, it would do more harm if it's not taken care of.

Is your medication safe for pregnancy? I'd ask your doc.

I agree with this.

I have severe hypothyroidism and it caused my two miscarriages before I had my daughter. But! It was because I didn't have enough control of my thyroid. I am now monitored quite well and have blood work every 4 weeks for the remainder of my pregnancy. You must take your medication, it will not harm the baby in any way unless you don't take it. Also stay away from certain foods like soy. And take your meds perfectly every day!

I'm absolutely terrified!! I had one miscarriage/D&C earlier this year, before diagnosis, and a chemical pregnancy last month. Am just now starting treatment as my TSH levels were elevated.
And yeah, even if we don't miscarry, all kinds of awful things can happen due to low thyroid and antibodies. FWIW, I would insist on getting tested earlier than the end of the month so that they can raise your meds. Let's keep in touch!

I had a miscarriage before my DD because my thyroid levels weren't right.

Then once I was on the right dose of thyroxine my pregnancy was fine. I had my levels checked few weeks but I had a perfect pregnancy and perfect baby. X

As long as your levels are fine you've got nothing to be concerned about.

Thank you ladies, I am honestly terrified :cry:

I am taking 175mg every morning, however calling the dr this morning to arrange bloods and put my mind at ease.. Absolutely terrified of miscarriage :cry:

I understand that thyroxine doesnt harm the baby, but thyroid does if it is not controlled and the thought of it terrifies me!

Last time my bloods were checked (end of nov) they were 6 and should be below 4 :cry:

xxxx

You'll be fine, mine were last checked end of October and they were above a 9! Last year mine were 32! I'm getting more blood work done on Monday. I'm on 125mcg and will probably increase throughout my pregnancy, I did with my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->