Thyroid medication

aussiettc

Mum of 4 and ttc#5
Reaction score
Has anyone else been given thyroid medication to take after finding out they are pregnant?
After doing bloods I've been told I need thyroid medication but if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be treated.

Hi! Mine isn't exactly like yours but I was taking a very low does. 23mcg. He said before I was pregnant I barely needed it, but it wouldn't hurt to take. Now that I'm pregnant he changed it to taking two pills every other day. When your pregnant you need more.

My first pregnancy pretty much same no idea I had a thyroid problem.... Second pregnancy way different have to see endo thyroid pretty bad tsh was 20 you should be under 2.5 first trimester. Be thankful ob is treating this it can cause bad stuff if in treated for baby like increases miscarriage and can lower baby's iq by at least 7 pts good news since you are treated none if this applies to you it's like you don't have a problem as far a baby is concerned and totally safe for little one so don't worry this happens a lot and your ob is on top of it:) I hope I'm not scaring anyone with this info I was terrified until I was more educated about it by the way I take 150 mg synthroid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->