Thyroid to Blame for our BFN's...?

Gwen77

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping with this post I can help out a few of you. If you're having a difficult time TTC, and everything is normal (cycles, etc), get your thyroid checked!!

I just got back from my Doc., and explained to her that my hubby and I are having a hard time TTC, and I've been spotting mid cycle. We got pregnant on the first try with both of our babies, and now all of a sudden... Nothing. She ran some tests and took my blood. Turns out that my thyroid level is at 5.6. She explained to me that a 'normal level' is anywhere between 3 and 5, and anything over level 10 is considered 'hypothyroid'.

Your thyroid controls everything, including your fertility. So even with my level being slightly over the 'normal' range, it is having an effect on my fertility! So we decided to test my blood in another few weeks. If it's still at a high level, they will put me on a low dose of thyroid meds, which will balance everything out and (finally) get me pregnant (or give me better odds).

Im hoping I can help one of you out there... Perhaps our BFN's are because of one little issue...?

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->