Tick Tock Tick Tock..there goes my biological clock!

Mamabel

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm turning 41 on Wednesday and there's nothing to celebrate. Feeling grouchy, swollen, hormonal, empty without my baby...and my eggs are getting older every day. I feel like I have about 12 months to get pregnant and have it stick....42 feels too old to conceive, have a new baby, etc. Anyone else feel the additional pressure of age?

Yep!! I had MMC in Feb,at eleven weeks,second pregnancy, got DS 3years. Had it all planned, give birth in August/Sept well in advance of 41 birthday (Novemeber), have year off with my two children , before DS goes to School, Sept 2011 etc etc. - BANG all gone beginning of Feb.

Instead, got this ruddy great grandfather clock ticking in my ear!!!! OH says it will happen again and what does a few months matter. He's right I know, but it still doesn't lessen the pressure. I am grateful that I have my beautiful DS, but so want him to have a sibbling.

I definitely feel it, and after 5 losses I wonder if it will ever happen. I feel like my eggs are rotten at this point! Makes me mad that men can pump out children forever and we are limited :(

Ladies what we fail to see is we are producing eggs !!

Im 38 and had 5 losses in 18 months but fingers crossed this one is it. Its not always your eggs - my hubby is 42 so although his sperm test was ok he has been on Zinc tablets simply because of morphability (i think thats what you call it).

Tell you what though,my sis in law had her 3rd at 41 and my other sis in law had her 3rd at 39 and my hubbys best mates mrs had her3rd at 41 so it can be done girls dont lose faith !!

Right there with you sister. I'm 35 (36 in October) DH turned 41 last week. We don't have children yet and not sure we ever will. Women on my mother's side go through menopause in their late 30's/early 40's. I definitely feel the pressure.

If it is any consolation, my grandmother had my father at 40 and my aunt at 42. These were her first pregnancies. This was back in the 1940's when fertility at that age was almost unheard of. It can happen for all of our older eggs!!

Fluffy- I just love your story. We have eerily similar stories and you give me such hope.
Wow Heart- if you grandmother can do it- you definitely can!

hi ladies totally agree with you but then my age is not going to stop me i have been through too much to stop now!!! lots of baby dust to all us mature women.... think we should start a group to all keep track of each other and our old eggs!!!!lol x sylv x

Minty, I was actually thinking the same thing. Maybe a thread for ladies 35 and over? I'm very interested in keeping up to date with the "mature" ladies.

We used to have a thread for the golden oldies, but it has gotten lost I guess. Let's just start another one!

Hey Mrs,

i know how you feel. Turned 40 in March and this is my last cycle to have a baby before i turn 41 next year!

However, when i mentioned the fear of having bad eggs at the fertility clinic (this made her giggle actually :)) i was told that old eggs don't make you mc etc just take longer to conceive so i feel a bit relieved by that tbh.

Also, currently my 'golden oldie mum' hero is Susan Sarandon who had a baby at 41 and 43. Im sticking with that as a mental note on keeping up the PMA, you know?

All the best, hun, keep your chin up and remember the more we try the more likely we are to get that bfp - that's my line and im sticking to it, lol!

Omi xxx

ps, lets start another Golden oldie thread! In fact, id like a 35 and over ttc forum, tbh. They have them on other sites so why cant we?

Ive emailed the gods that be, lol! I just basically asked why we don't have one seeing as other sites have them. And also seeing as there are special forums for teenage pregnancy and teenage parenting on here, obviously recognising their special needs etc, i would argue we have those as well. In addition to the fact that a) LTTC doesn't fulfil this duty and b) scrolling through a long thread to post and comment doesn't really do the trick either.

I don't hold out much hope as i know they're very busy and it probably means more work for them - but, hey, its worth a go! :)

Basically they should have a whole section for over 35's i'd argue with ttc, pregnancy and parenting. Don't you all agree?

ps, Good luck Amos!! :)

That would be great Omi! Thanks for your effort. It is a little strange to me that there would be a teenage one but not a 35+ one. Here's to the golden oldies!

oh i so totally agree with having a forum of us mature ladies!!! x sylv x

Im in for oldie posting, although im starting to get paranoid calling myself an oldie

im 39 in a week and TTC number 1. yoikes.

You arent alone M

i think we need to find a different word than oldies ladies im having a think but brain not working!!lol x sylv x

Hi ladies I was 37 last week, I have my tests at hospital on wednesday after having lost our second baby, then hopefully we can try again. x

ladies i just looked on the web for other words meaning old and found the word sassy !! what do you ladies think? i personally love it x sylv x

Sassy is my middle name!!! LOL Sounds good to me!
Welcome Tas- sorry for your losses :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->