Tics or compulsions in 6 year old?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a doctors appointment for my six year old regarding this, but not for 1.5 months uhg!

I was just curious if anyone else experiences this with their child. My six year old daughter has a couple (what seems like) tics or compulsions.

I haven’t really bothered her about them, because I don’t want to make her self conscious. She clears her throat frequently, and also has a habit of smelling her fingers. She does it all the time, almost every time she touches something. This has been going on for about 2-3 months now. The throat clearing for longer, although it has lessened with time.

Developmentally, she’s right on target. She’s quick as a whip, and very active and athletic. Really doesn’t seem overly anxious, but I’m not ruling out some form of anxiety.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience since her doctor appointment is so far off.

Mine went through a stage recently of making a really annoying slurping sound with her mouth after every couple of words she spoke. It drove me insane but mentioning it seemed to make it worse so I just shut up about it and eventually it stopped. She's nearly 5.

I think this sort of thing is very common and generally goes away on its own.

Mine went through a stage recently of making a really annoying slurping sound with her mouth after every couple of words she spoke. It drove me insane but mentioning it seemed to make it worse so I just shut up about it and eventually it stopped. She's nearly 5.

I think this sort of thing is very common and generally goes away on its own.

Thanks! Yes, I suppose she’s had some mildly concerning habits/tic-like things before but they’ve always ended after a period of time. Kids can be strange little creatures (at least mine anyway haha) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->