Tight pains across top if tummy leaving me out of breath :(

shx

Mummy to Amelia. TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well as the title says i woke up at 5am this morning not feeling too great and went back to sleep for a little while. Since i woke up this morning ive had tight lains across the top of my bump that come and go every so often. There quite painful and leave me feeling out of breath. Do u think i should ring the mau? Id hate to ring and they think im being stupid i just dont feel well at all! Would they monitor baby?

I'd go with gut instinct. You don't feel right either way. Could be Braxton hicks. I still swear I felt very mild Braxton hicks at 16 weeks and not felt them since. Was the strangest pains ever.

Has baby moved much today so far? Give them a call, a call won't hurt they'll ask a few more questions to see if it's anything serious or not.

Peace of mind at least :)

I would call if you are worried about it, for peace of mind. It could just be braxton hicks but if you don't feel right about it then it would be best to call and make sure that's all it is :)

When I was about 16 weeks I had some strange pains in the top of my stomach that left me feeling breathless but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.. It felt just like someone had punched me in the stomach and winded me. It got so bad that I went to the hospital, and the doctor told me she thought it might be something to do with this acid reflux thing I have that I take medication for (pregnancy makes it worse so this would have made sense). I went for an ultrasound anyway just to be on the safe side and all was fine, and the sonographer made a great point by saying that considering the pains I was feeling were so high up (around/above my belly button) it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the pregnancy as your uterus isn't anywhere near there at that stage! I upped my dosage of my medication and the pains went away, although to be honest I think they'd already gone away by the time the meds would have made a difference so I'm not sure what it was, but it did worry me! Until I realised it was obviously nowhere near the baby like I said. I'm a FTM so can be a bit of a worrier 'cause I have no point of reference! I would see how you get on and go see a doctor if you feel like you should. It wouldn't do any harm. No doctor/medic would judge you for going in to get checked out for stomach pains when pregnant :thumbup: and it'll just give you some peace of mind.

That sounds like braxton hicks, but If your worried call your hospital/midwife for reassurance x

I've heard that braxton hicks shouldn't be painful just the feeling of tightening although this is my first pregnancy so I wouldn't know from experience just quoting my OB. Possibly Round Ligament pains? I know I've been getting them pretty regularly here for a few weeks and they can vary from dull to very sharp. I had one the other day where it stopped me in my tracks and I needed to bend over until it passed. I'd definitely call and just see, better to be safe than sorry right!
I know how you feel though, When I went to the ER for my RLP I felt so silly and like I was a baby when they told me that's what it was. I also had a slight UTI which can cause cramps or the cramps to worsen so safe bet is to call or go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->