Tight tummy?

kateqpr

Reaction score
A couple of nights recently, the top of my stomach (so above my belly button up to my rib cage) feels really tight. Like the muscles are feeling tight. It's not painful at all, but just a bit weird and uncomfortable.

Has anyone else had this? I don't think it's braxton hicks, as i'm sure this would be lower down (this feels more like my stomach).

The other night it suddenly felt tight, then stopped when i rolled over.

Hhmmmm. I'm flummoxed!

I've been putting my stomach being hard down to bloating. There's a thread I've just read on here about Braxton Hicks (think it was 'what do Braxton Hicks feel like) that might be worth a read?
x

I get gas at night? I look about twice as pregnant and hard as a rock. I'm guessing I fart in my sleep as Im ok in the morning :D

Sounds like BH to me!

They can feel a bit like baby is trying to force its way out the front/top of your bump with it back.

x

I thought Braxton hicks didn't start till much later in the pregnancy? At least 3rd tri. Its my first pregnancy, though, so Im not a pro.
I know that sometimes my belly is really tight, other times its a fatty blob, so it can flucuate. Are you petite? That might make a difference. Really, I don't know, but if it doesn't hurt, I wouldn't sweat it, but bring it up with your doc/mw.

I thought Braxton hicks didn't start till much later in the pregnancy? At least 3rd tri. Its my first pregnancy, though, so Im not a pro.
I know that sometimes my belly is really tight, other times its a fatty blob, so it can flucuate. Are you petite? That might make a difference. Really, I don't know, but if it doesn't hurt, I wouldn't sweat it, but bring it up with your doc/mw.

BH's can start much earlier than the 3rd tri. Your uterus starts gently contracting in the first tri but you just wont notice it. I didnt get them with my first at all and this time I've had them off and on from 20 wks.

I get this too, but don't think its BH as my friend has them and she writhes in pain from them as they are a bit like contractions so if you're not feeling anything its probably just baby growing and her/his home changing form. x

As the uterus expands all your other organs get shunted upwards, which can cause rigidity in the upper abdomen. It can be made worse by trapped wind. Mine gets hard in the evenings too.

Definitely sounds like Braxton Hicks babe:hugs:

I've been getting an ache right under my bra, like, at the top of my bump. Does sometimes feel tight. I think it's like Shifter said (i think it was her) - all your organs are getting pushed about the bigger baby gets, so you will start getting uncomfortable. And pains here and there.

I notice my stomach gets really hard in the morning as well..just like when Im sitting my stomach is well..not tight..its mushy! (yuck) and then when I stand I can't pinch an inch of fat..how does that work?!

I also noticed mine tends to get really tight when I have a full bladder..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->