Tightening in my stomach??

agonzalez218

Reaction score
These last couple of nights have just been uncomfortable. During the day, I feel nothing, but as soon as I relax in bed, the tightening starts. It isn't painful, just weird.. Not like cramps or anything. It's just tightening like right above my belly button. Anyone else??? What could be causing this??

Hmm I'm not sure about that- mine have all been out front. Can you put in a non-emergency call to your doctor?

Sounds like BH not sure about going around towards your back though. But my guess it could since when some woman go into labor they have what is called back labor where the contractions begin or end. :shrug:

Those are definitely Braxton Hicks and they will increase in pain and frequency as you get closer. I have them basically all night every night and have for the past 2 weeks. The same thing happened with my daughter and when I finally did go into real labor it was very fast, only about 5 hours total. I did not have this with both of my sons and their labors were significantly longer (12 hours and 24 hours) and they were much harder. It could be a coincidence but hopefully it means you are in for a shorter less painful labor as well!

Ive been getting period pains and a sensation where my belly goes hard but its not painful. I cant tell if its baby moving or contractions??

Ive been getting period pains and a sensation where my belly goes hard but its not painful. I cant tell if its baby moving or contractions??

If it's just your baby moving, your belly should still have squishy parts. If it's a contraction, your whole belly will go hard. Sometimes I feel like only part of my belly is hard though and it's not the baby moving, so it can be confusing sometimes. Also, contractions can be triggered by the baby moving which can also make it confusing.

Well, I had back labor with my first, so I'm guessing that you can def have braxton Hicks in your back. Could be baby's positioning as well.

If it's just your baby moving, your belly should still have squishy parts. If it's a contraction, your whole belly will go hard. Sometimes I feel like only part of my belly is hard though and it's not the baby moving, so it can be confusing sometimes. Also, contractions can be triggered by the baby moving which can also make it confusing.

I've been wondering the same. Sometimes my stomach goes rock solid and really painful,but then I'll look and baby will be sticking his bum right out so I'm assuming that's what causes it.
It really is so confusing!

And I also feel my BH in my back. More so if I'm lying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->