Tilted uterus 14 weeks

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I am 14+3 and was told earlier in this pregnancy (around 9 weeks) that I had quite a dramatically tilted/retroverted uterus, which they saw by doing an internal ultrasound. I am starting to get concerned because, although I can hear baby fine on the Doppler every day, I cannot feel my uterus at all when I lie flat on my back. There's just nothing there, it's as if I wasn't pregnant at all. :(
I'm worried about this because I know it carries risks (incarcerated uterus) - how can I possibly tell if my uterus is still tilted or for what reason I can't feel it yet? It should've tipped forward by now surely.

If I went to the maternity ward to see the midwives and ask them to have a feel, would they laugh me out of there?

I had Tilted uterus with my two previous pregnancies and it has not yet been mentioned this time around. My tilted uterous posed no complications either time and midwifes were not concerned.
I would not go to the maternity ward if you are in the UK and maybe just contact you Midwife about your concerns i am sure she will reassure you. The fact the baby is growing and healthy is fab.

I am currently 14 weeks and i can only occasionally feel my uterus and this is my third child.

I hope you feel reassured shortly.

A retroverted uterus is totally normal. Nothing to be concerned about. I have one and it causes no problems. It's like being right handed or left handed. Most people are right handed, but it's not dangerous to be left handed, just less common. At 14 weeks though, you wouldn't necessarily feel much yet lying down. Your uterus is just starting to push past the pubic bone at that point. It will eventually pop out, but all other things being fine, it's nothing I'd call the midwives about as it's not a sign anything is wrong.

Thanks ladies! I don't think I had one yet with my son (think it was caused by a very long labour with him) but I didn't show until 20+ weeks. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. I've just been concerned because I know that retroverted uterus can potentially get stuck in the pelvis. But I will just wait until my 16 week appt in two weeks and ask the midwife then, if I still can't feel it.

I have a tilted uterus. I'm not really sure what that means.... but every time I have a pelvic exam my dr says WOAH! did you know your uterus tilts to the back? As if it's something really exciting.

I have a tilted uterus too!! I was told by one of my doctors along the way as "it's exactly 90degrees tilted"

I have no clue what that means... but oh well.

I'm 15w4d pregnant with my first and my pants are finally getting tight but I have yet to feel my uterus. Hopefully this is normal!!!

I also have a tilted uterus which is quite common if you've had a c section as apparently the sew everything back in a bit higher and towards your back to prevent prolapses...that's what they told me anyway :haha:

unless its causing you any complications then I wouldn't worry. I have a home doppler and noticed its getting much easier to find the babies HB as the weeks are going on so whether that's it righting itself (which my MW said it will) I'm not sure but take comfort there are many of us here with the same problem xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->