Tilted uterus and doppler

Talia12

Reaction score
Has anyone had success with this? If so, when?

I found my sons hb at 9+2. I'm around that today and just got my Doppler and spent ages trying to find it, and there's no hint of a heartbeat. I really didn't want to/think I was going to get upset, but I am. I've had things worrying me about this pregnancy from the start, the latest being the baby measuring 4 days behind at 8+ weeks. And I really need to reassurance of the Doppler otherwise I can't make it to my 12 week scan without just being consumed by anxiety. If I've always had a retroverted uterus, why was I able to find it so clearly so early with my son?

I'm just upset and angry right now, I'm angry at my stupid wrongly positioned body, and angry at the sonographer who didn't tell me my baby's heart rate at the last scan, and at the doctors who won't listen to me/don't understand when I tell them I CAN'T be 4 days behind, they might be used to dealing with women who have no clue about ovulation or whatever but all of us bnbers do understand that as I got my BFP at 8DPO it's completely impossible for me to have ovulated 4 days late, so why was my baby small...

I really needed to hear its heartbeat or I need to sometime very soon or I will end up dropping £80 on another private scan and I'll have to do it in secret because my husband doesn't understand any of my anxieties.

I'm sorry you feel this way, it must be exhausting and terrifying. It's true that you can know when you ovulated/when you implanted when you're as experienced as us lot.. however early scans are NOT an accurate measurements of baby's size/dates. In my hospital they won't even commit to saying how many weeks+days you're measuring because it is inaccurate and worrying, they date the pregnancy at the dating scan between 10-14 weeks when the size measurement is most accurate. The other thing is that babies tend to grow in growth spurts, just like they do for the rest of their lives, so you might be measuring behind at one scan but by the next one their growth has jumped ahead :)
I would say you were lucky to find your son's that early and maybe he'd had a growth spurt that week or happened to be in a good position, at this point they are still deep inside the pelvis and can be entirely cocooned by tissue or behind a bone making it impossible to find, it really is luck of what baby is doing at the time hehe.
I have no idea what you do to help your anxiety, but do all of those things, have a warm bath, watch a funny film, eat all your favourite foods and try again in a few days.
I'm sending hugs and love, I hope your brain gives you a break soon.. anxiety or not, the first tri is really hard for worrying. You're doing so well, you can keep going mummy xx

I just found out yesterday I have a tilted uterus, which explains why I struggled to find the baby's heartbeat. I have found a few times but it takes time and a lot of patience. I think the fact your baby measured small has to do with the tilted uterus as it makes it harder to get the measurements, my baby also measured 4 days smaller which I know cannot be.

Having a tilted uterus makes it so much harder to find babies hb early on with my other pregnancys iv only ever found it after 12 weeks I have a tilted uterus as well this time I hav found it once lol but don't know how far along I am! Look for the whooshing of the placenta sound then dig a little deeper and u might hear it faintly but honestly I wouldent worry baby Is soooo small and they love to move away from doppler at the best of times :)

Thank you ladies...I have tried to calm down and stay away from Google, where obviously you just get a million responses from women who found their babies heartbeats at 8w+...

Rationally I know that having the tilted uterus must be making it more difficult, and from what I've read it's possible that it wasn't this tilted yet with my son. Apparently labour and childbirth can cause it to tip.

I have gone through so much anxiety at the beginning of this pregnancy when it all seemed bad, then I felt a bit better after seeing hb and relaxed a bit (as much as any of us ever do in first tri!) then when baby measured small I was anxious again, and I was settling in with the Doppler today thinking "You know you might not find it" but clearly I was totally expecting to as I got really upset when I then couldn't...!

I know the anxiety never properly goes away, but I really need my 12w scan (on Valentines Day) to come around and hopefully all go well. And I need to find baby with the Doppler soon! I know it will save me so much anxiety once I have.

Thank you so much, you have all helped to calm me down :flower:

This is our third baby and the first time I have been told I had a tilted uterus. I am 11w2d and I think I found the hb for literally 2 seconds before the baby moved at around 10w3d. I heard it for probably 10 seconds at 11w. But with every time I have tried I had to look for 5-10 minutes before I found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->