• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Time to drop the nap?

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
My 2.5 year old normally goes down for a nap around 12:30pm and sleeps for about 1.5 hrs.

Recently, however, she has started just being a pain and won't sleep. It can take up to an hour or more for her to go to sleep and then she has her usual 1.5 hours. But....it then means that her bedtime is getting later and she's refusing to go to sleep then too. It can take over an hour to get her to sleep at night. Last night she didn't fall asleep until 9:20pm (after putting her to bed at 8:20!).

Does it sound like it's time to replace the nap with quiet time or is this just a phase they all go through?

Right there with you, got a post on here about it the hard time I'm going through with my son and his sleep. He turned 2 in August and Im pretty sure it's time for him to drop his nap as he's doing the exact same as your daughter but it's proving harder to drop than I thought! He keeps falling asleep at tea time as can't last till bedtime but then wakes up during the night.

hope you have better luck than me! does sound like your lo is ready to give up her nap x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->