Timing contractions/is this labor?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
So for the past week or 2 I've been having contractions. They go in spurts of coming regular then stopping.

My problem is I'm struggling to time them. I don't seem to feel them until they are at max. Or don't realize it's a contraction until they get to the max. I know I'm suppose to start timing them at the start of one and that if they are a true contraction they would have a definite start/end. I don't feel it but now I'm getting pretty nauseas (thrown up once, almost 2 other times, all during a contraction) on top of the contractions. So I'm wondering if this is it.

I have endo so I'm use to very strong painful continuous cramps. These are similar (not quite as strong though) but come and go.

I see my mw in 6.5 hrs. My older boys have a dentist appointment in an hour (1hr away from the hospital). I'm a little worried taking them. But don't want to risk not taking them as it's a 6week wait to get in and they should have been seen a while ago.

Thoughts? How do you time if you can't feel the start/end?

I can only comment from what ive gone through, if i cant work out start/end they are not labour contractions. I'd be saying to myself these are only BH.

I agree. You will absolutely 100% be aware of true contractions. With dd I couldn't figure it out as she was my first but when real labor hit i 'got it.' Same with my son. Horrible BH but then when the real ones came there was no mistaking it as anything but labor.

However. I do know some ladies having easy labors! You could always be one of those.

Ask your dr when you go in! You never know!!

I actually think it is a bit different for ladies who have "back labor". I do, and everything starts in my lower back, like period cramps, and then when things get close to labor, it radiates from my back to my stomach and then I can feel the contractions. I'm not 100% on this for other women, but that is the way it happened for me with my other two... :/

Thanks ladies! I will definitely talk to the mw. I went at the wrong time today so had to reschedule for tomorrow. But for now, im still very pregnant and ready for baby!

The lady teaching my ante-natal class the other day told us that a woman's labour pains will follow the pattern of her usual period pains. So for me, I usually get period pains low in my abdomen and down into my legs, so that's where I should expect labour pains.
I don't know how this would fare for you having endo, but if there is any truth in it then I think it's quite interesting!

The lady teaching my ante-natal class the other day told us that a woman's labour pains will follow the pattern of her usual period pains. So for me, I usually get period pains low in my abdomen and down into my legs, so that's where I should expect labour pains.
I don't know how this would fare for you having endo, but if there is any truth in it then I think it's quite interesting!

That isnt true for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->