Tingly feeling/early scan

loveylove

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first post in here (this pregnancy). Since having my daughter in 2011 I have had 3 misscarriages (one missed misscarriage requiring surgery).

Anyway, unlike previous pregnancies I'm worried about every single little thing. Just today I am very aware of a tingling feeling in the left side of my belly, low down. Not painful at all. Has anyone else had this?

Also, has anyone had an early scan? How early can you get them? I had one during my last pregnancy at 8 weeks and they didn't see a hb so after I protested for 2 weeks I went to theatre and had a d&c.

Thanks in advance x

Don't worry.. Anything unnatural is normal ;) If you feel normal.. That's unnatural. As long as you aren't bleeding, you'll be okay!

Earliest scan you can go to here is 9 weeks. My last pregnancy I went at 5 weeks because I didn't know what was going on (crazy bleeding!) and they told me it was cancer lol! it wasn't.

I haven't had an early scan, but I think they can do them as early as 6 weeks, but there usually has to be a good reason to do it - ie; bleeding etc. If you're anxious, which naturally you might be following your previous losses, you may get a sympathetic doctor/Midwife who would want you scanned for your own peace of mind.
It doesn't sound like the tingling would be anything to worry about though, if it's not painful.

Thanks ladies. I'm sure I'm fine and it's more mental than physical. I'm going to contact the midwife today, maybe she'll take pity on me and arrange a scan before the 12 week dating one. I just can't get the 12 weeks again and there be no baby!

I've been researching early scans as I had a MMC November last year, earliest I've seen here in England (north west) is 7 weeks, I'm booking in for 8 weeks for reassurance, so scary after a loss(es) :hugs: just do a quick Google search for early pregnancy scan in your area :)

I had one at 6w6d - it was a private scan, so I had to pay for it. But it's worth it to me for peace of mind. I thought I was 7w3d when I went, and got put back.

Same thing happened in my last pregnancy, so I always try to wait until I'm a little past 7 weeks, just in case they put me back a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->