Tinned fruit?

josephine3

Reaction score
Is tinned fruit ok or is it a no no cos of the syrup?
I gave my lo a peach slice out of a tin to gum on and she loved it. I after thought mayb it was a bad idea cos of the sugary syrup?
Maybe tinned fruit in juice is a better idea?

She was fine after but a day later she had diarrhoea and was sick once, more than iv ever seen. Really thick sick.
co-incidence?

Hi, i used tin fruit but in juice with my eldest and she was fine. I would maybe stay away from the syrup tins and get the fruit thats in it own juice. x

You can buy it just in fruit juice, much better than the sugary syrup :)

Personally I'm a weirdo and it bothers me that most are made in china so I do avoid most canned fruits (we still buy the odd one...) :blush:

both of mine love tinned pears in juice. They're a nice easy standby to have in the cupboard.

Yeah i thought so. It was sort of a case of it was iin the cupboard and i was eating it and she was staring at it . She stares at everything i eat and most of it she cant have! Id been thinking of trying finger food too so it was an impulse decision! Will probably just stick to fresh. Thanx for the replies x

I personally wouldnt because of the sugar content. I just use the fruit pots from Hipp and Cow & Gate and such like or give her fresh fruit either in her hand or in a mesh feeder. x

Tinned fruit in juice is fine. Things like pear are good because they are the perfect texture, rather than han worrying how ripe they are.

I personally wouldnt because of the sugar content. I just use the fruit pots from Hipp and Cow & Gate and such like or give her fresh fruit either in her hand or in a mesh feeder. x

pots / jars are certainly no better than tinned fruits (in juice rather than syrup obviously)

Yep I've always got a couple of tinned fruit in juice in the cupboard as back up! My son loves fruit and will expect it after every meal so if we don't have any he has a complete tantrum lol! Peaches in juice are good and pears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->