Tinsel: Love it or hate it?

I have this weird love hate relationship with it. I love the way it looks and feels and even have a soft spot for the smell, but I'm never gonna put it up in my living room because it always manages to look cheap! Did it in DDs room this year and it looks great though

Love it! Off to smell some now, I don't think I've ever noticed a smell!

I used to hate the stuff, but the last couple years ds has made me buy some, and now I kinda don't mind it. The kids love it. DD stood in b&m stroking some Tinsel for about 5 minutes the otherday. She was over tired, and moody but it chilled her right out! So yeah, now I don't mind it.

I love tinsel!! I bought some lovely deep red tinsel for my tree and it looks beautiful. Some tinsel looks a bit cheap, and after a few years it can look a bit ratty haha. I think a tree looks naked without tinsel!!

I hate it. We never had it growing up because my mum hates it too. My daughter is only 13m and she already gets excited when she sees it in shops and wants to touch it, so I have a feeling I might need to compromise and do two trees - a tacky tinsel one and my nice one in the living room!

I have also acquired lots if decorations for my daughter already (baby's first Christmas, ones with her name, fluffy things, etc) and they don't really "go" with my main tree so I think we are going to need to do her a small tree for those ones.

I don't really hate it but I don't like it with my decorations so never have it

Love it but think it looks tacky as a home decoration. I have decorated my pram with it though (not tacky at all :haha: ) and would probably even wear it if it was acceptable!

Hate it. Leave it in the 90s where it belongs. Take fake snow, tree skirts and those plasticity garland ceiling decorations and stuff them back in there with the tinsel. :haha:

Love, just not on my tree :haha:
I'm loving these tinsel wall decorations that are all in the shops this year too. We have a tinsel soldier on the wall he looks awesome :smug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->