Tinsel: Love it or hate it?

Love it but think it looks tacky as a home decoration. I have decorated my pram with it though (not tacky at all :haha: ) and would probably even wear it if it was acceptable!

Omg how have you decorated your pram? My DD loves it... might have to find some nice turquoise tinsel :rofl:

I love it, just not on my tree!

Hate it. It ends up EVERYWHERE.

I love it. The main point of Christmas decorations are to make the place extra magical for kids. Tinsel is shiny and furry and glitzy, ergo magical to kids. Is it tacky, sure - in that it's not tasteful. But lets be honest, tasteful decorations aren't really magical. Sure they are more magical than no decorations and in the fact that they herald Christmas makes them exciting. But tinsel, foil ceiling decorations, character decorations and, probably most importantly, coloured lights are magical and exciting in and of themselves in a way that tasteful decorations can't ever be. (And studies have been done that show this unequivocally, as in 100% of children preferred the colourful, shiny, tacky tree and none at all chose the tastefully decorated one.)

I go for magic over taste every time. And while adults coming into me house might be a bit WTF? Children come in and look about in obvious wide-eyed awe. And it's fabtastic. At least until they start asking their parents why their homes can't look like DS's and then my friends hate me a little bit.:dohh:

Love it but think it looks tacky as a home decoration. I have decorated my pram with it though (not tacky at all :haha: ) and would probably even wear it if it was acceptable!

Omg how have you decorated your pram? My DD loves it... might have to find some nice turquoise tinsel :rofl:

I love it, just not on my tree!

Like this: Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 15.24.10.jpg

But could definitely use more :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back