Tips for being patient when TTC?

sarah2211

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC for 6 months now. We both thought it would just happen. And I know we are still within a reasonable time frame to still be trying, it's just hard to remain patient.

I feel like my life has been split into waiting for AF to finish -> waiting to ovulate-> waiting to test/for AF to start again.

To be honest, I used up all my patients waiting to start trying!

Any suggestions?

I am finding the TWW the hardest so I try to keep busy with other things to take my mind off it and at the moment it's exercise and focussing on my DD1.

I feel like if I let it I could become obsessed with POAS during this time and that makes it worse - definitely focus on something else.

I agree with bumble. The tww is the hardest part to get through. Last cycle I decided to ignore the apps for fertility tracking and only do my bbt. I think it helped a lot as I wasn't looking for signs of pregnancy. When my temp dropped I know af was coming and it didn't depress me as much as it normally does. I also binge watch on netflix to keep my mind on other things.

Like the other ladies said I try to keep busy. I work in my yard/garden a lot and focus on ds.

I also find it hard. We are coming to the end of our 5th cycle and it's been so disappointing that it didn't happen right away! Even though it's still in the normal range!

I've been finding this site really helpful, especially for expressing those frustrations

I completely understand where your coming from, I'm on cycle 10 now and have had a friend get her bfp after 8 cycles and am kind of waiting and thinking when is it my turn as such x

I find waiting to ovulate the hardest. During the tww all that can be done has been done and I know roughly how long it'll be until AF shows up. I try not poas too early because it's just disappointing.

Waiting to ovulate is a bit of a timing game and with my husband in the army, I never know if he's going to be home. Like on Tuesday he came home saying he's away tomorrow for 6 days. Thankfully I'm not ovulating, but I could have been and it's happened before.

I also have Lupus and I have been pretty well for a while now, so it's the perfect time to fall pregnant. But the longer it takes, the risk of flaring and becoming sick grows.

I find waiting to ovulate the hardest. During the tww all that can be done has been done and I know roughly how long it'll be until AF shows up. I try not poas too early because it's just disappointing.

Waiting to ovulate is a bit of a timing game and with my husband in the army, I never know if he's going to be home. Like on Tuesday he came home saying he's away tomorrow for 6 days. Thankfully I'm not ovulating, but I could have been and it's happened before.

I also have Lupus and I have been pretty well for a while now, so it's the perfect time to fall pregnant. But the longer it takes, the risk of flaring and becoming sick grows.

That's a lot of pressure each month!!! Your cycles are on the longer side tok, so I can definitely see where you'd get frustrated waiting to Ov!

Yes and they seem to be getting longer and O seems to be getting later too.

So weird that yours have been getting longer. Mine have been getting shorter since TTC.... My cycle is only 25 days now so I really don't have much room for it to get much shorter.

Both months i got pg was when i went on a holiday... forgetting to worry about it coz i was busy planning and packing and enjoying....

Litterally went away for a short holiday and both times the day we arrived home i got my bfp by surprise.
I know its hard but my body just refuses to get pg when im stressing over the tww or ovulating etc.
Just dtd when u want to... dont time stuff and just try letting it happen... like stop trying...
Its worked for quite a few women i know... best of luck xx

Definitely keep busy and plan stuff that's fun during your TWW.

I was big on meditation when I ttc my last baby. Will definitely try and do some during my TWW if my kids allow!

I would love to go away on holiday, but my husband is away often enough for work that for him, coming home is a holiday.

I work, keep busy enough but still it's always in the back of my mind and I just can't help but feeling frustrated and impatient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->