Tips for Better Fertility! Please join in with your advice..

JleStar

Reaction score
I wanted to start this thread to have a place where us ladies can come and compare some notes on what works and what doesn't work when trying to get pregnant.

I know for sure that the last cycle where I claimed I was "trying" that I really didn't give it my full effort. First of all I didn't BD enough. I didn't keep track of ovulation nor did I temp. I drank, smoked, stayed up late and didn't take my vitamins. I basically didn't fully try. I know what you are thinking, someone you know did all the above "wrong" things and still got pregnant. Well, guess what..she is f'ing lucky.

My tips: Things I will do differently this time around
--I will temp my BBT consistently
--I will use OPKS to track ovulation
--I will Do the SMEP (Sperm meets Egg Plan)-----If you don't know what this means, GOOGLE it. I am telling you it works!
--Take a quality prenatal vitamin and extra Vitamin d3..did you know that a vitamin D deficiency can cause infertility? I take 5,oooius a day
--Try different BD positions, I have a tilted cervix so a few times doggie style might help
--Get more rest! (Take magnesium at night)
--watch my diet. Eat a high fat (good fat--avocado, butter, coconut oil), drink lots of water, eat my veggies to keep my body more alkaline and less acidic. Remember acidity will kill off sperm, we want those suckers alive. Some women use a supplement like alfafa juice after coffee to keep their bodies more alkaline.
Avoid alcohol, smoking, too much sugar
--take more baths, relax, get massaged, go out with friends, read a book, take your mind off of baby making...I know its tough but schedule things during your 2WW so that you are not STRESSING
--Pray, meditate..whatever you do to keep yourself centered and feeling positive. I like to throw all my fears and sadness out to the universe and ask for help
---LAST but not least, have fun and remember why you are doing this...I know I have to remind myself of how much l love my hubby. We bicker all the time these days..life gets stressful and we are each others punching bags., I vow to be nicer this month, be more affectionate, romantic and lovey how we once were.

I am really going to make an effort this month. I wish you all luck....I hope there is at least one thing on my list you haven't tried yet. Try it this month. IT may be your lucky month!!!

Share your tips... :happydance:
Lets help one another get our BFPS :hugs:
Love,
Jen

Love that you have started this. I always stress and test far too early in my TWW. Then feel down and out for a whole week before AF is even due.

i am going to relax more,do opks,drink lots of green tea to help with cm. am taking multivitamin. on my regime am also adding shatavari and ashwagantha. they are ayurvedics medicine that helps with fertilty. i cant promise lots of bd coz my husband works alot and is consonantly tired. this always bring pressure to him and makes him not perform. i have decided to have sex close to ovulation. will try to make my husband more relaxed. goodluck everyone. i am cd2 today

I'm ttc #2! We're doing SMEP this time, we BD every two days. I use opks but it's getting frustrating because I have really long cycles and never know when I'm ovulating :p
Last time I conceived I took soy isoflavones to shorten my cycle, it brought on a strong and earlier ovulation and I got prego first cycle using it. Also, that cycle I was insanely stressed the whole cycle, I was under a lot of pressure for work. I'm saying this because, they always tell you to relax, but really you don't need to stress about stressing because you can still get pg when you're freaking out all month lol.
Also I don't believe in taking prenatals while ttc, those horse pills are pretty useless you don't absorb everything, my doctors always told me to just take plain folic acid on its own to prevent miscarriage. I also sometimes take b-complex for about a week, I find it increases EWCM a lot, it also can regulate your cycle if you have a short lp.
One more thing, make sure you orgasm after BD! Gets those swimmers right up into your tubes! I've heard from a lot of women that's the only way they get pregnant!

So excited to see this thread! Just looked up the SMEP and I like it!

I will be temping everyday, using OPKS and following the SMEP. As well as trying to relax, praying and having fun!!

Good luck ladies!!

I am so happy you all could join in!
I will be back soon with some more tips. My 2 year old is calling me!!!

I never knew that vitamin D could affect fertility. I will definitely be making sure I take my supplements now (I was very bad about it :blush: )

My plan for this month (and probably the next few months:

- BD every other day
- Take my vitamins and supplements
- Relax about ovulation and the TWW
- Have fun with it!

I get so stressed out over whether or not I'm ovulating and when I'm ovulating that it just seems to make things worse. I have long cycles so I'm not using OPKs yet and temping is out because I don't have a consistent sleep schedule, but I am determined to make the best of it.

Thank you so much for all the tips. :flower:

Can I join? I've been ttc #2 for 10 months and I feel like part of the challenge is that I haven't been as good about keeping up with my health as I was before I had #1.

My plan is:

- limit coffee and drink green tea instead
- start temping and continue opks
- take prenatal, vitamin D, and EPO
- eat more fruits and veggies and less chocolate (leftover holiday habit)
- healthy fats and full fat dairy
- no alcohol
- take more walks
- drink more water
- get husband in on the healthy habits (who knows? maybe it's not just me)

Dreamer: Can you explain how to use soy isoflavones and how to know whether to use them? I have longish cycles (32-33) days, and usually ovulate around CD19-20.

I googled soy isoflavones (I know...bad) and it scared me to death. I'm interested to hear about it though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->