Tips for dealing with lochia smell...

starah

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a horrid smelling lochia? I can smell it anytime my legs aren't closed or crossed, and it is super embarrassing. I hope it is almost over, I was at my family's house on thanksgiving and didn't change my pad the whole time I was over there because I didn't want it sitting in their bathroom garbage stinking up the place - they would obviously know it was from me. Do the odor guard pads work at all? I change pads everytime I go to the bathroom and rinse off and use the bottle thing they give you from the hospital. I also use flushable wipes. It is just really embarrassing :blush:

Are you sure it does actually smell and it's not that you're super sensitive to it? I was sure I stank but I asked OH and he assured me that he couldn't smell it. And have you tried different pads, I was down to a panty liner by 4 weeks pp, and that felt much more comfortable and fresher than a large pad.

If it really does smell, you ought to tell your doctor in case you have an infection or something.

As for garbage, I used Robyn's nappy bags to dispose of things.

what pp says, i was convinced i was really stinky but he said he could never smell it, only if i put a used pad in the bin...

I was also paranoid about this and felt like I stank but DH said I didn't. Although I did always try and renember to put pads straight in the bin outside as they were gross. Ick.

If it continues to smell bad you might want to get checked that its not an infection.

My lochia smelt bad however after several days of antibiotics it was much better.

I feel like I stink too, I'm constantly getting a whif of it no matter how often I change my pad. I have my 6 week pp visit next week, I'm embarrassed to have my dr poking around down there! :blush:

You should maybe get checked that you don't have an infection. I did and all that was needed was some antibiotics. (Don't leave it like I did - I ended up in hospital overnight while they tried to figure out what was wrong with me :dohh:)

my dr told me it shouldn't be smelly.....worth getting it checked out :hugs:

It might be worth getting checked out in case of infection just to be on the safe side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->