Tips for IVF

Timetotry

Reaction score
I just started stims for my first ivf cycle.
I'm a but nervous about how uncomfortable I'm going to feel as the follicles get larger. And AM totally freaked out by egg retrieval and OHSS.

What tips do you have for getting through ivf? Nutrition, naturopathy, managing life.....any sort of tips!

Drink lots of water. If you think you've had enough, drink more. I know everyone is different but with the egg retrieval for me the worst part was getting into my own head. I was so nervous but they put me under and I felt NOTHING (other than the fact that I somehow bit my tongue extra hard!) I don't remember being sore afterwards either, although I don't think I tried to move very much either. The whole process is scary but I hope it results in an amazing baby for you because that makes it all worth it.

Yes, it is a bit nerve racking when you start googling, but it isn't as bad when it comes down to it. I'm on my first cycle as well and had my egg collection on Saturday. I was very uncomfortable and was initially concerned about OHSS, but today I am feeling much better. I don't remember anything about the procedure itself. One second I was watching the doctor pushing white liquid into the iv while chatting away with him and the next I was looking at Dh in the room we'd been allocated. I agree with Holly. Drink plenty of water as it helped me a lot with the feeling of trapped gas, I also needed access to a bathroom because I found it hurt more if it for didn't pee as soon as I got the urge. I'm feeling better everyday and hopefully having a 5 day transfer on Thursday.

Hi Timetotry :wave:

I've been through 2 IVF rounds (1st resulted in a CP, the 2nd I'm currently almost 7 weeks pregnant) so know a bit about it.

I never got more than 4 follies both times though so I don't know how painful it is to have more than that. I can only tell you I only experienced twinges in my ovaries as the follies grew.

As for OHSS, I would think they'd start you out on a conservative dose and see how you react to it, to lessen the chances of that happening.

ER is a bit painful but I think it depends. I was given both a sedative (morphine) and then a general anaesthetic in my vag (which I didn't feel thanks to the sedative). As the ER progressed though I would often need an extra shot of morphine about halfway which they were pretty conservative with.

I agree with others here: remember to drink plenty of water while stimming! It helps to prevent OHSS.

FXed you are 1st time lucky :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"