Tips for mum tum in wedding dress?!

katherinegrey

Reaction score
I'm 4 months postpartum and my tummy is still as saggy as ever, I tried on my dress today and I look like I'm still pregnant :( My dress is very beautiful but very unforgiving, what can I do to get rid of it in under four months? Or is there any shape wear you'd recommend?? Thank you x

Spanx slim cognito are alright, not miracle workers but worth a try!

You can get pills that reduce your water retention, if you take them about two weeks before and every day til the wedding it will make a difference.

I find it helps if I wrap my stomach in cling film for 12 hours beforehand. Makes you sweat out your water weight so it's good for short term slimming.

Stay away from crunches as they make your tummy larger in the short term, go for cardio instead. In fact, with four months you could easily lose about two stone if you were motivated!

Bridget's!!

:rofl::rofl:

If its 'just' mum tum and not extra weight gain then it's muscle tone you'll need to work on. If you gained weight during pregnancy then cardio and correct diet is the route to take.
Four months is plenty of time to tackle either. If you think during a "serious" diet you should expect to lose approx 1lb every 1-2 weeks, you could lose 12-16lbs (a stone). In an "extreme" diet you can expect to lose more, but have a higher failure rate, so that would completely depend on you as a person

If all else fails, you've got spanx...or Gok Wans ones, whatever they're called :thumbup:

I can't afford to lose any more weight or my dress won't fit, I just need to lost the tum, thank you for the suggestions x

In that case you need to tighten your tummy up. Emy is right, crunches aren't what you want. You need to work on your obliques which will pull you in at the sides (and in turn pull your tummy in too). Do some Russian twists with a weight/medicine ball each night. It'll soon tone it up :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->