tips for preparing to try

viticusobaby

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm just looking for some advice on how to get in the best shape before ttc. I've just turned 29 and my fiance is almost 33. I'm a social smoker and drinker (so i know dat has to stop) my fiance smokes aswell.

Don't want to get too intense about trying and worrying about ovulation days etc, just want to see whaT happens. have been off the pill for just over a year.

so would welcome some advice xxx

I am the same as you. My mirena comes out tomorrow and I just want to take things as they come tbh.

I don't smoke and very rarely drink as I don't like it (sad I know). My colleagues smoke and I often get second hand smoke which I find annoying and I am going to make more effort to be away from it. I am making more effort to eat more healthily - low salt foods (never add salt anyway), low sugar foods, lots of fruit and veg, plenty of water/squash, eating three good meals a day. I am going to continue to lose weight. I will keep doing the exercise I do now (my horses, mucking out etc, walking/cycling where possible) and will try to add more like aqua or swimming. I am taking multivitamins and iron as well as folic acid. I am also going to cut out all caffeine, which I rarely have anyway, apart from when at work and colleagues make a cuppa.

Apart from that, I think lots of sex and being positive is going to be the key!

yes i think its important to get fit and sort diet out. i'm not too bad at moment except for wkds. we will prob start having a go in the summer as i'll be off work then and therefore more relaxed. good luck with prep x

exercise
pre-natal vits
drinking lots of water
cut down on caffene, smoking, drinking
balanced diet
save money

Sorry this might be long!:blush:

When we were wttc:

Tried to eat healthier and also loose some weight as we were both overweight. I just cooked more food for us ate more fruit and veg and cut back on fatty foods and rubbish.
We both started on multi-vitamins (just normal everyday ones) and I also started on folic acid.
We both never smoked so wasnt a problem for us. But as you know its not the best thing to be doing.
Also started to save some money:rofl:

When we were ttc:

Again still ate healthier.
I started on pregnancy multivitamins(Tesco own brand so much cheaper!)
Hubby started taking zinc and eatting tomato soup as he read that tomatos were great for sperm!
I wasnt a big drinker but must admit I still had the odd drink when ttc as I never knew how long it would take and decided not to deny myself of the very few times I might drink.
Erm and saved more money:rofl:

Hope this is of help.

Good Luck!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Hey thanx for advice,
congrats aswell u must be excited.
we're getting married in oct 2010 so we're only gonna try for a small window of time as i don't want to be pregnant getting married. but if we don't get pg in dat time it won't be a prob as we'll start ttc when married.

thanx again for advice and best of luck with rest of pregnancy xxx

Exercise- maybe start yoga so you can do prenatal yoga when the time comes
Start eating a healthy diet
Prenatal Vitamin, or atleast a multivitamin

I think this is a really good thread and look forward other people's suggestions! :)

Hey elmaxie a nosey question, how long did it take to get pg, i know its diff for everyone, did u always know when ovulating etc or did u go wit flow?:dohh::dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->