Tips on how to control irritability?

sweetavenue

Reaction score
I'm a naturally cynical, realistic, pessimist type of person. I can't help it, it's just how my brain works. It drives my husband a little crazy, but I'm not that bad. Until lately- I started a new job and went from working 4-6 hour days to 10 hour days with my commute. I'm exhausted, drained, in every sense of the word and I can't keep myself from biting my husbands head off at the littlest things. I know some of you ladies are really good at remaining calm and optimistic (at least judging by your posts) and I could really use some inspiration. Whenever I feel like I'm getting better at being easy going, I take two steps back and then I am really hard on myself about it. (I just bawled my eyes out after getting home from work because my OH accused me of this again). We don't live together yet but will in 1 week, so I'm hoping him being around me all the time will help him see that I'm really doing a lot, and maybe he will understand why I'm so exhausted and irritable. Sigh.

I'm the same way! All of it. And my kids have been getting a lot of it. Can't help it. I'm on some anxiety meds that help. I think mines cuz I don't have any interaction with anyone but kids. I only see dh an hr a day pretty much and we live in the woods in the middle of nowhere and the phone service sucks. Can't even have a danm phone call.

Sorry lol so yes I do know how you feel I have no words of advice tho...sorry :(

Same here.. Before I was pregnant this time round although I had my grumpy days I was sooo much better than I am now! Constantly seems like I'm off/upset/crying/bawing/yelling about something.. All I seem to do is grumble at everyone and everything.. I can't wait for the next bit where I start feeing better and life looks rosier!

You're not alone.. It's horrible but it does pass. In the meantime though, all I can do is tell you what I do when I'm over-emotional and a total stresshead..! :hugs:

The best way is just 10 minutes out to calm down/reassess the situation.. Or have a hug with hubby and a bit of a cry.. try to laugh.. My hubby is an absolute gitbag but he makes me laugh til I'm practically hysterical, knowing that then the tears will come out and I'll be ok after a bit of a cry! :dohh: (Oh what it is to have crazy hormones!)

Time out can be a bit awkward around here, what with the 5 children we've got already but I imagine if you're at work it might be a bit easier? Maybe an extended loo break?! Or just long enough to have a quick cuppa and a sit down.. Might help a little bit.. And as far as other halves go.. Apologise in advance - with a wink and a smile! Tell him, when you're feeing ok to deal with it, that you're sorry for the moodswings etc and that if he just puts up with it, you'll be home free out the other side and soon! He'll love that bit, trust me! :winkwink:

Cling on to the fact that it wil pass.. All things do.. And in a couple of months you'll look back and think what on earth were you stressing over, look at the size of this belly! :lol:

HTH :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->