Tips on relieving cold symptoms?

pumpkin90

Reaction score
I've had a cold for the past 4 days and it is knocking me out. Seriously. I have missed 3 days of work because of it. My body feels like it was hit by a truck. Sinuses are so sore.. Headaches.. Congestion.. It's rough. Went to doctors today to make sure there wasn't an infection starting.. But this is the worst cold ever. Is it cause I'm pregnant and my body is not only growing a human but trying to fight this? I'm one that doesn't want to take meds during pregnancy if I don't have to.. But I want some sort of relief :(. I've been drinking orange juice, eating vitamin C filled fruits and veggies, taking vitamin c capsules, drinking tons of water,lemon and honey in warm
Water. Humidifier is on with oil or oregano in the humidifier water... Just used my neti pot sinus rinse.. And Sleeping A LOT. If I get up to do anything I get short of breath and dizzy and just feel like crap. I feel guilty for missing 3 days of work already. Gah. :( any ideas of other remedies?

I am with you. It is absolutely rubbish, that coupled with bad ms right now i could cry!!

How are you sleeping with congestion? I find it so difficult to get comfortable and breathe right, but I started having long hot showers before bed and then just staying in the hot steamy bathroom for 10 mins or so. That seems to provide me with enough relief to get to sleep and seems to work better than a humidifier.

Other than that, I have nothing. Desperate to hear is anyone else has any advice??

Well last night was rough and I actually had taken a hot steamy shower for the hope that it would help. It helped with immediate relief, but didn't last long. I also just keep the humidifier going, even though I'm not sure that's helping much either..worth a try. I find though that sleeping on my side with head elevated helps a bit. But I'm sure I kept my poor husband up all night with all my moving and nose blowing :(. Also.. Another thing I do that is super embarrassing and gross to say is if I have one nostril that's either plugged or dripping I shove a Kleenex up that nostril and sleep like that. It makes you not feel that the nostril is blocked by congestion and just blocked from the tissue. I feel like it's less irritating when you feel in control of it, it that makes sense? I can kind of forget about the plugged nostril and relax and fall asleep. Ha. Gross. But I do find it helps

I've been sick for about 2 weeks now. You can try some ginger+lemon+honey tea. Just get the fresh ingredients and add hot water. You can also add some cayenne pepper. I went to the pharmacy today and got some herbal pills that says safe during pregnancy (sinupret) as I am quite sure I have a sinus infection. Good luck!

A lot of us on here are very sick. I've been sick for about 1.5 weeks now with no end in sight. Just drinking hot tea and using a cool mist humidifer. It helps a lil but not much. Dh is sick now as well and dd has been sick for 2 weeks. I hate winter. Lol

I've been told benalyn products are fine as long as the box has 'DM' on it.. Anyone heard of the same??

I'm the same as op since December 29. I've broken down and started taking some meds that help a little. Tylenol and plain sudafed. Add in the hot showers, beverages, and I can get myself to 50% of normal. I hope this ends soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->