Tired all the time!

maddy1

Reaction score
I feel so tired I can barely keep my head off my desk at work, but since I'm only 5.5 weeks along I can't share the news with my coworkers yet. How can I cope? What is everyone else doing to get thru the day when napping or caffeine is not am option?

I'm 7+4 n looking n feeling exhausted! I get up on a morning after a solid nights sleep n still feel tired! I just try get through the day n as soon as I get home I put my pjs on n chill n keep having early nights! Hopefully it will pass soon x

I go nap in my car during lunch hour or I take a breather every hour and take a walk to the kitchen to get water or I go sit in the toilet just for a few minutes ...

hope it gets better

I still feel like this :( last couple of days I can't even think straight due to the tiredness

Exactly the same. I'm totally exhausted. Sleeping longer at night plus napping they the day!!!

I've been going to bed at same time as my three year old 😂. I'm bathed and in bed by no later than 7pm hahaha

I was/am the same way! I've done a little better the last 2 days, sort of lol
It's something that will become a new normal if it sticks. Mine is from pregnancy anemia but to be honest I wonder if I didn't have anemia before, everything they describe I had before pregnancy too. (fatigue, dizziness, etc.) I always describe it as I've taken steady doses of Nyquil lol More than likely your doctor will test for anemia and it is a common thing in pregnancy is what mine said.

Hang in there! As for what to do, I don't really have any advice :shrug:
I waited til 2nd tri for caffeine and now every other day I treat myself to
one of those Starbucks Frappe's in a bottle which only have 90 mg of caffeine. Seems to help a little.

I had to tell my boss around 7w because some days I was literally passed out on the couch most of the day (downstairs from my coworkers so not sure if anyone saw me) and he was very supportive, told me it was understandable and he won't tell anyone else until I was ready. We can work from home so he told me if I needed that more, he would totally support me. I know not everyone can have a supportive work place but sometimes telling your boss may work out better than you think. I also figured that if the pregnancy didn't work out, I'll also need time off from work so it might be relevant nonetheless. DH also told his boss after first scan and his boss was also supportive of him possibly needing to be there for me more at home.

Other than that, really not sure how to cope except to just sleep. I found it really hard to fight against my body, there was no way I could force myself to think clearly when I was tired, I had to just give into it. It has gotten better this week (11w) so.. hang tight!

thanks guys, the afternoons are the toughest and past few days I have the worst heartburn! Laying down makes me feel like I will throw up!!!I can't wait to get past these early weeks, and start enjoying the pregnancy! 6 weeks on Saturday <3

I have felt good today n been out shopping n for lunch then as soon as I got home I just look so pale n feel shattered! Tired myself out! Bit of nausea too! Not doing anything now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->