Tired, grumpy and bored. Taking it out on DH. Anybody else?

Ambivalent

Reaction score
I am very grateful for being able to have this healthy growing baby, but lately I am just feeling so frustrated. Everything I used to enjoy is off limits now. Can't go horse riding, go for drinks, spend any amount of time in smokey bars, skiing, boating, etc. I can't even go for a decent walk as it hurts my back and I can't cope with the heat so the beach is out.
But my DH can obvisouly still do all the things I miss and lately he has been going out quite a bit. So this evening I gave him a really hard time about going out to a beer festival, saying I am not happy with not getting any quality time with him. But that is probably just being mean and selfish since there aren't really any fun activities we can do together at the moment. Right? Are you ladies cool with your other halves going out enjoying themselves?

I have a feeling I am being bratty, but I can't help it. Not sleeping isn't helping my mood either. :(

I don't mind if he goes out by himself. I actually encourage it because honestly, I enjoy the break and having the house to myself. :) he just has to have keep his phone nearby and no drinking in case something happens and he has to bring me in to the hospital...we only have one car.

I felt like this around 35 weeks. I was so down. I enjoy being at home and enjoy my own company but I don't think it's bratty to ask your DH to spend some quality time with you. You could do something really nice like go for a meal or cook one at home. Both involved. Then watch a movie, play some lame board games and get him to run you a bath and give you a massage (although this is probably easier said than done). I had to remind my other half quite a lot a few weeks ago that I'm sacrificing a lot for this pregnancy - my body, my job/career, my social life.... It's a two way street, why should he get to do all the stuff you'd love to do but can't?! Hang in there :) hugs x

I feel cranky and bored but I'm a sahm and we moved out of town this last yr and really far from my friends and family and when dh comes home he doesn't want to really talk and I don't really have much to talk about since we just sit at home all day well on one of his days off I figured wed go to the park well I took the kids to the park and he went on a bike ride with a friend now I'm happy he's finally made a friend and can go ride his bike with him but we haven't gone out in almost a yr with out the kids and idk the last time I had a break from the kids...tomorrow is my baby shower and of course I'm towing the girls with me an hr and half drive each way and Sunday he's going on a bike ride with his friend I tried hinting it be nice for us to have time and I wouldn't mind even trying to ride the bike with him tomorrow and he's putting it off and to top it off he doesn't get at the end of the day I want to explode and not make dinner for everyone and get up and do this and that and bathe the kids when I'm 32 weeks pregnant with poly eh. So I kinda fill you :(

I took everything out on my DH when I was pregnant, poor guy! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->