TMI antibiotics and yeast

K

kimbresque

I'm sorry this is TMI but every time I get on antibiotics I get a friggen yeast infection! I usually get ministate one day so it's cleared quick. I know I can use topical BC I used it when preggo with DD but I was farther along. And the doc prescribed it. I read online it's OK to get over the counter but it may not be strong enough and can I use the one day do you think ? My doc I picked is rude already so I think I wanna switch. Would I just try to get a new doc today and see them? Or take care of it? I had strep throat as did DD so got on antibiotics (safe for baby) just sucks that now I have this problem!

I'm a yeast sufferer too. And the down side is, get it once, get it all the time and is unavoidable with anti-b's.

In the UK we have Canestan which comes in an oral tablet or vaginal pessary. The pessary is safe to use during pregnancy as long as your doc gives the go ahead. Unsure if that's available in US?

I had the same issue. I was on antibiotics a few weeks ago and developed a yeast infection. I had only had one in my life about 10 years ago so I had no idea what to do during pregnancy. I talked to my doctor and he told me to buy Monistat. He said it wouldn't hurt the baby. He is a great doctor. I don't know if you have tried Monistat before but it was my first time and wow, it really burned the first night. I got Monistat 3.

If you are having issues with your doctor, I would definitely find a new one. There is no reason to keep a doctor like that.

Good Luck!

I had the same issue. I was on antibiotics a few weeks ago and developed a yeast infection. I had only had one in my life about 10 years ago so I had no idea what to do during pregnancy. I talked to my doctor and he told me to buy Monistat. He said it wouldn't hurt the baby. He is a great doctor. I don't know if you have tried Monistat before but it was my first time and wow, it really burned the first night. I got Monistat 3.

If you are having issues with your doctor, I would definitely find a new one. There is no reason to keep a doctor like that.

Good Luck!
Yes I've used monistat before. It does burn. I am going to switch docs but can't until I get my insurance cards as no one will take me without 400bucks down!

I'm a yeast sufferer too. And the down side is, get it once, get it all the time and is unavoidable with anti-b's.

In the UK we have Canestan which comes in an oral tablet or vaginal pessary. The pessary is safe to use during pregnancy as long as your doc gives the go ahead. Unsure if that's available in US?

It's probably the same as monostat I'm going to grab some tonight.

Canesten and Monistat actually use 2 different drugs. Canesten is Clotrimazole and Monistat is Miconazole. Clotrimazole has been tested more rigorously with regards to safety during pregnancy, though both are apparently safe. They recommend that when you are pregnant because of the increase in estrogen to use a 6 day treatment instead of the one day because it may be more stubborn than usual. Oral pills are not recommended during pregnancy. At least not here in Canada.

I literally just went through all of this. I needed 3 days of treatment to clear it up. In combination with restricting my sugar intake and taking probiotics. It was being quite stubborn and painful so I did everything I could to get rid of it. It worked though! :D

I just meant that they are both yeast kits... As in the same thing... Not like literally the same meds lol

I took the monistat 3day should be OK. I'm thinking about going to the clinic or er to get checked out since my doc won't see me room DEC 3rd...

I have never had a yeast infection in my life so I am really hoping pregnancy doesn't change that! I hear all the time about how uncomfortable and miserable they can be. :(

I have terribly persistant thrush the last 6 months and ive had it constantly since finding out im pregnant. Ive used a pessary, but its still hanging about!! im now using over the counter cream for 2 weeks and taking probiotics in the hope that it will clear up after a prolonged attack lol!! xx

I have terribly persistant thrush the last 6 months and ive had it constantly since finding out im pregnant. Ive used a pessary, but its still hanging about!! im now using over the counter cream for 2 weeks and taking probiotics in the hope that it will clear up after a prolonged attack lol!! xx

A little TMI, but on the day after insertion, does the pessary come out? If it's worked, you'll have crumbly chalk in your underwear. One pessary may not be enough, there are times where I've needed a 3 day course but recently (well months) I've only needed one, then use cream on the outside to soothe it. Stop any intake of yeast i.e bread while you're suffering cause that'll feed it more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->