TMI Bowel Question

missbabes

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Not really sure where to even post this as it could apply for normal postnal support, or here with c-sections. Basically I'm wondering how long it took for peoples bowels to settle down. :blush:

In a way I'm a little uncertain for when it comes to having a BM (now 17 days pp) especially when effort is needed. Annoyingly it's now that I've ended up with piles which I suspect would have happened whether DS had been born via EMCS or not. Don't really know how long I've had them for as I was numb around there until about 8 days pp. It's only starting to prove to be a minor issue as of the last couple of days. I had a failed ventouse too which may not have helped.

Really have no idea how long to wait before having to speak to my doctor.

I wouldn't even go 48 hours without a BM after having had a csection. I would call your doctor immediately as straining is both painful and could cause some issues. I was told specifically to make sure not to go a day without a BM. The longer poop stays in there, the harder it gets. I was given a stool softener and fiber pills and was told to stay on it for a strict 4-6 weeks. Lots of water, oatmeal every day and tons of fruits and veggies. Make sure to get some movement in, it helps things go along. Best of luck!

As it turned out my issue was down to having piles. They more likely appeared while I was still numb and not feeling much down there, so it caused more problems than it should have as I was completely unaware of them. I've still got piles, but been treating them for several days. Virtually no pain now, so much better than I had been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->