TMI but iv got to ask!!!

cherry22

mummy to 1 after 3 losses
Reaction score
Okay so im going to docs next week but its on my mind and has been for ages now! sorry for the TMI!!!!:blush:
Right, at the time of the month just before and just after i get rather itchy downstairs and a little bit sore aswell but the middle part of the cycle its pretty normal!! I have a slight discharge i would say its white sometimes a bit creamy coloured! At that time though i think theres an smell aswell even though i wash everyday!! im soo aware of it! if my OH and i DTD i have to freashn up before just incase!:blush:
Everything i have read about thrush says its like cottage cheese but im not sure if it is like that coz thats what ive been like for years n years now!
Now im worried because iv read about how bacteria vaginosis can cause scaring in the tubes even though its not an sti! and it also can cause prem births and my Lo was 4 weeks early and i had the same symptoms when i was pregnant!!!
Ive tried thrush creams and the pills for thrush but its still there!
Just wonderd if enyone has experianced these symptoms and can give me abit of advice!!???:blush::shrug:
:hugs:

Sorry no advice, but seeing the amount of views and no replies, I didn't want to read and run. Hope you get something sorted soon. :hugs:

I sometimes get this .. its hormones that cause it rather than thrush.. Sucks, not much to be done.

i get this too especially when im on my period. I always think i might be allergic to the sanitary towels I use~ do you use pads? xx

At last thanks for the replys!!!
I went to docs she said everything LOOKED fine but to go back when it has flared up again to see if its reacurng thrush but i dnt think it is!
I think its hormonal! I have pcos so maybe the two are linked somehow!!
I do were pads coz i thought using tampons would make it worse and i think that may have something to do with it im goin to try tampons and see if it gets better!!
Thanks xx

I forgot to mention .. always pads always make me really itchy down there, different pads have different chemicals in them...

Does it smell worse after/during sex?

It sounds like bacterial vaginosis, did the doctor do swabs to check for thrush or BV?

You could try dipping a tampon in some natural live yoghurt when your symptoms are bad and inserting it - it does wonders for thrush and BV.

xx

Believe it or not when i switched to cheap Asda toilet paper and my soreness/itchness went away. Maybe look at what comes into contact down there!

Sorry I can't help. But I defo think you should go to a doctor. I know its embarrassing but believe me, its nothing they haven't seen before!

Does it smell worse after/during sex?

It sounds like bacterial vaginosis, did the doctor do swabs to check for thrush or BV?

You could try dipping a tampon in some natural live yoghurt when your symptoms are bad and inserting it - it does wonders for thrush and BV.

xx

It does yes! she didnt take eny swabs coz she said it looked fine!! she said go back when it has flared up which pissed me off!
ill try the yoghurt thing but if it is that surly ill need antibiotics? x

There's a pad (always, I think) called silk. It's cotton or sonething and feels very different to the usual plastic stuff. Less sweating, less chafing. Hope you get sorted soon :hugs:

I had terrible problems for about 18 months with something that looked and felt like thrush but didn't respond to the normal treatment, and kept coming and going...I couldn't DTD or use tampons or anything, it was so so sore, and I was so dry all the time apart from the horrible discharge. I was back and forth to the doc, who tried treating for thrush and BV, even though my swab came back negative, but it didn't help.

I did some of my own research, and it sounded to me like something that gets pretty much ignored. It's known as either Doderlein's (sp?) bacillosis, or cytolytic vaginosis, and it's an imbalance of pH in the vagina. Instead of the usual 'not acid enough', causing thrush, it swings the other way and goes too acid. The treatment is simple sodium bicarbonate!

I got a small tub of bicarb from the supermarket, and as well as dissolving some in my bath, I made a 'paste' with it and some clean cold water, and used a plastic applicator (like a tampon applicator, but not quite - it came with the pack of replens MD I was using to try to relieve the dryness) to put a little inside me also. Within a few days, wow, I was so much better! I now just use it occasionally if I feel it starting again, but it's been 7 months now and I've used it maybe twice since the symptoms first cleared up.

Might be worth a try - as long as you use new bicarb (not stuff that's been sitting around your kitchen for years, lol!) and clean water and applicator, and haven't got any other relevant health problems, it certainly won't do any harm. If you don't want to try it on your own, ask the GP to do a pH test on your discharge to see if the bicarb could help you.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks ladies!
Since then its been pretty much fine then yesterday the symptoms are creeping back (im on the mini pill and my AFs are allover the place so not sure if thats a sign its coming) not the oder but the ichyness TRUST IT TO HAPPEN ON A BANK HOLIDAY!!!!
So i cant go to docs for my swabs,
So iv been reading up and im a big fan of natural therapy so this is my plan of action gonna give caneston another go the duo one!(OH is going to put cream on too just incase)
Also gonna eat pri biotic yogurt once a day cut down on sugar! hopefully that will work!
I am mega worried that its going to effect my fertillity dont know if im being paranoid or not!!

Thing is what is douching????
I thought it was putting soap up and inside is that right??
Coz i dont do that i just wash around the outside bits with a natutral ph soap!!!
x

If that fails im gonna wack a bit of bicarb up there like mrs eleflump suggested!! ha ha poor lady garden going to be invaded and not in a good way!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

There's one lady here who puts a clove of garlic in... it seems to be working for her! I think she put a hole through the garlic clove and tied a string through so she could pull it out like a tampon. Better Google the details before listening to me though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->