TMI Poo Thread

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by x-amy-x, Oct 20, 2008.

1. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

NEED to post this. For the last about 5 days Caitlyn has woken up nearly head to toe in Poo. It's absolutely disgusting. I'm getting a bit fed up of having to change the sheets every day and having to scrape poo off her every morning. It's not doing her poor little bum any good either.

I've tried size 4 nappies and they don't help either. She's had really runny poo lately.

Anyone had this experience and does anyone have any advice? Any special night time nappies or anything?

She does sleep through the night so maybe i should wake her and change her?

xxx

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

Change brands x

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

yikes! I haven't tried any of the night time ones so really can't recommend a brand. The watery part sounds off to me though...have you had it checked (sorry if you've said elsewhere--my memory's not great these days :blush:)

4. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

ive tried pampers baby dry, huggies super dry and asdas own

5. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

nope quite embarassed about seeing the dr feel like im wasting my time. My dr has a 1 month waiting list :(

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

1 month waiting list! :shock: That's awful

Hannah does have the occassional watery poo but it's not often and usually after she's had a big poo that's not watery (TMI sorry)

7. littlelady

littlelady Well-Known Member

just ask at the doctors for an emergency appointment they have to give you one as shes only a baby my son went through this and he ruined so many clothes etc it was a nightmare try putting them on tighter or maybe try the size down ?

8. supernurse

supernurse Mum of 2 beautiful girls

Got the same problem here, Ruby's have always been on the runnier side and since she's started teething it's worse, is Caitlyn teething? You shouldn't have to wait a month for an appointment if it's a baby and you are concerned about her.

I just have to try and put them on as far up her back as I can. x

9. LaDY

LaDY Mummy Of Two xx

Aww poor little thing...i was going to say pampers dry but if you have tried them then i really dont know hun...hope you find a solution soon hunny xx

10. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

I can get an emergency appt but is runny poo a valid reason. I mean what will he do for her?

xxx

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I'm not sure what he'd do but I think I'd still get it checked out

12. Emmea12uk

Emmea12uk The Folic acid police!

tesco nappies are good at absorbing runny poo. But i'd get her looked over if i were you!

13. supernurse

supernurse Mum of 2 beautiful girls

If it's a new problem but nothings changed in what she eats or isn't teething then yeah get it checked out.

14. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i think so, i would just get it checked over just in case honey :hugs: have you thought about trying the newborn pampers for at night as they are good at absorbing runny poo? hope it gets better soon honey :hugs:

15. Ratty

Ratty Well-Known Member

runny poo can be quite serious as they can get dehydrated !!! So yes, I think if its that bad and has been for a few days now you should be able to get an appointment.

I've found the best nappies are the Pampers Active Fit. They are expensive so I only use them at night time, but he goes in one at 8pm and stays in it until 6:30am and it hasn't leaked once. They just fit so well.

Good luck, hope things improve.

16. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

Well I decided to wake her up an hour early this morning and that solved the poo incident. She just got her bum changed, had some bottle then pooed but it stayed in as the nappy was more absorbent since it didn't have a whole nights worth or wee in it.

xxx

17. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

get it checked if its still runny. I took Chloe to an emergency appointment with runny poo a couple of weeks ago and he was great said it could be nasty if it wasnt checked and sent a sample to be checked, he also gave er a thorough check as well. Turned out she just had a bit of a tummy upset that ran its course but I'm glad I took her

18. oOKayOo

oOKayOo Well-Known Member

Ella has this a few weeks back , was disgusting and annoying but she did it when we were out and about !! This was the time i switched to pampers as they had run out of the nappies i usually buy!
    Im so glad i got my usual ones and i swear by them

https://www.lavandas.lv/userfiles/Image/lavandas/nature_nappies.gif

You can get them in waitrose or boots , they are also eco friendly too.
    They are brill and always hold in the poo!

19. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

he will give her diarolite - because if she is pooing to that extent then he will want to to replace what shes loosing with the powders. xx

20. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found a way to solve it :)

If it's still runny for some time then it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out,they'll just make sure her tummy isn't too upset.