TMI - skin tags :(

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Pregnancy has caused me to develop some pretty embarrassing skin tags on my perineum. I got my GP to check them out incase they were warts or something, and she told me that they weren't. Does anyone know if I can expect them to go away after the baby is born? Also will they affect me giving birth? I'm yet to speak to my OB or Midwife about them yet because I've been so embarrassed.

I had them on my nipples of all places last time. The doc just tied thread around them and they fell off within a day or 2. Not sure how they treat them down in that area though. Definitely talk to your mw or doctor again if they are worrying you. They are very common in pregnancy so it won't be anything they haven't seen before.
Good luck xx

I got those with my first pregnsncy down there...dr said it was normal to get them..they don't treat them while pregnant, but right after delivery when the dr checks for tears and what not, just remind them the tags are there and they can treat them right then and will be gone in a few days...

I thought I was crazy! I've been getting little ones all over my nipples and it was freaking me out. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I got skin tags in my first pregnancy and this one. Was really worried last time, as its definitely not something the pregnancy books tell you about! But, agree nothing to worry about as easily treated in dodgy areas and the rest of mine just disappeared over time.

Thanks ladies, you definitely made me feel a little better about them.
Gee isn't pregnancy glamorous ;)

Skin tags are my enemy. I have always had a couple under arms/ bra line. When pregnant with DD my underarms went out of control and I even developed some on my neck - although they are titchy. This time round I have loads on my neck and up to my cheek. I am overweight which doesn't help but there is no way its from skin rubbing together. I have also noticed I have one where my inner thigh meets my Lala - maybe caused by knickers rubbing. I've been known to just chop them off with a pair of nail scissors but there is no way I am going down there with anything sharp! They do tend to fall off but if it doesnt budge you can tie a hair around it which should cut off the blood supply and make it fall off. x

I've never had a skin tag in my life, and now I have two, right in the middle of one of my tattoos!!! You're definitely right, pregnancy IS beautiful, lol. They aren't something that will just go away though, they have to be removed. Ugh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->