(TMI) Yeast infections affecting TTC

SaraiMin

Reaction score
So, This is supposed to be our "lucky month" (month 5) and we were off to a good start. A bladder infection a week or so back got me put on anitbiotics, and we ALL know what that can do :( I am about 2 days away from ovulating and afraid of treating for the infection.

I haven't been diagnosed with a yeast infection yet, but my discharge has been REALLY thick (like wet paper, almost) so I fear it could be. Here's my questions:

1. Can it be a yeast infection if there is no itching or odor

2. If I treat for it vaginally, will that lower our chances for my next few days of getting pregnant?

I have tried reading online about it, and there's so much jumbled info on the internet. I was hoping that someone had been through this before and knew what to do here.

Any information would be appreciated :)

I think you would be okay with treating it. I've read that yeast infections and BV can change the ph of your CM so that it is inhospitable to sperm. Even if it didn't I don't think the treatment would hurt your chances.

BTW: Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful natural method for treating yeast infections.

It could affect TTC because you should not BD while you have a yeast infection. It could be treated either vaginally with Monistat (or something similar) or orally with Diflucan. Contrary to popular belief, men can get a yeast infection. While it is not very common in men, it can and does happen. Also if you BD while you have a yest infection, your SO could re-infect you after you've gotten over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->