To all UK ladies taking the contraceptive pill please answer :)

utterbubble

Reaction score
Hi!!

What pill are you taking, for how long, what are the side effects, did the side effects go away, have you become pregnant taking it, did you have any mood changes, have you gained weight, was the weight gain small, have you found it hard to lose weight???????

PLease answer many thanks :D

not just UK ladies :)

I'm on microgynon. I took it for 7 or 8 yrs before ttc. It took me 18 months to conceive after coming off it. Went back onto it at 6 weeks pp, so have been back on it for around 9 months now. I've had no side effects apart from it taking a yr and a half to conceive after it. Needless to say I have never got pregnant on it, havent gained any weight...in fact i find i gain more weight off of it (which i like as i'm a little underweight). I've found i've been getting a few more headaches since going back on it this time which may or may not be related. I like the fact i know exactly when to expect my period as off the pill my cycles were irregular (anywhere from 45-60 days) but on this i know its every 28 days x

I take Microgynon 30 amd have done for 10 years. At first side effects were headaches and nausea but I took it before bed so it werent that bad and only lasted a few weeks. I put a bit of weight I would say 7lbs but its easily shed. It worked really well for me pregnancy wise. I stopped taking it and fell pregnant straight away lol but when I was on it I never did so definetly worked for me but everyones different. :) x

I was on Microgynon for 3 years, it gave me an upset stomach so I started taking it at night which helped. No other side effects, didn't get pregnant. Because of the nausea Doctor suggested switching to Mercilon which is a lower dose pill. I did and was on that for 5 years and between pregnancies. It also upset my tummy a bit but much less then Microgynon. I had no other side effects and never got pregnant. When I came off it to try for the kids, I was pregnant the next month with both so it had no effect on my fertility. I have recently come off the pill altogether as OH is due the snip soon but I would recommend Mercilon. Pills do upset my stomach but I have a sensitive stomach anyway, pills just make it worse. I've never had any other side effects.

I took microgynon 30 for almost 10 years before coming off it to ttc (I became pregnant within 2 months of stopping). I don't recall any side effects (other than the positive ones of regulating my cycle and lighter periods). I did gain weight during that time- but hardly surprising since I was 16 when I started taking it!

Since having Robyn I've been on cerazette. Again, no noticeable side effects except I haven't had a period yet (I'm also EBF so not sure whether it's the pill or bf preventing AF returning).

I haven't gone back on it yet but before I was pregnant I was on Yasmin. It took 6 months to conceive after coming off it. I didn't get pregnant on it and didn't have any side effects. Before Yasmin I was on microgynon. I found it made me put on a bit of weight and I had fluid retention. Didn't get pregnant on that one either. I switched because of the fluid retention

Hi!!

What pill are you taking, for how long, what are the side effects, did the side effects go away, have you become pregnant taking it, did you have any mood changes, have you gained weight, was the weight gain small, have you found it hard to lose weight???????

PLease answer many thanks :D

not just UK ladies :)

I was on Yasmin before I got pregnant (and actually just about to start it again this weekend after giving birth 3 months ago). Before I was TTC, I was on the pill for 13 years with only a couple short 6 month ish breaks in there. I was Orthotricyclen for probably 8 years and then Yasmin after that. Honestly, I never had any 'side effects' other than it was great for my skin and I had fewer breakouts on the pill (one of the big motivations for starting it again because my skin looks awful at the moment!). I didn't have any mood changes or any weight gain. I stopped it the month we started TTC, had one 29 day cycle, and then got pregnant with my daughter the next cycle. Like I said, I'll be starting Yasmin again this week and plan to stay on it again until we are ready to TTC #2 in about 3 years time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->