To Become an LC or Not?

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
So... I've been toying with the idea of becoming an LC. I have a bachelors in Biology and work full time currently BUT I'm very passionate about breastfeeding and really enjoy giving advice to friends and want to help other mothers and support the breastfeeding cause! However, Doing some research, it looks like it's a bigger feat to become an LC than I thought and will cost some money.

My worry is this.... Will my passion for breastfeeding end when my days of nursing are over? (I hope to have more babies so hopefully not anytime soon!) or will this continue to be a life long passion of mine and worth becoming an LC?

How will I find the time to become licensed?

Is this something I can casually do on the side or is it an all or nothing type deal?

Any LC's out there I'd appreciate your input!

I've just finished becoming a Breastfeeding Peer Supporter in the UK. It isn't as in depth as becoming an LC and was free. It is more about support, listening and giving information about bf. I cannot offer as much or as little of my time to volunteering. Many people go on from this to being LC. I don't know if there is a similar scheme near you but I do know that the whole idea of breastfeeding peer support originated in the USA.

thanks! I will look into that, but so far haven't seen anything like that here:-/

What about hosting LA Leche League meetings and becoming a trained group leader? I LOVE going to meetings be it at the local library, juice bar, or someone's house. I have learned a lot from other moms. I don't think it's paid though, so not sure if you were looking to be a LC for extra income?

Not really interested in the money part. Just enjoy helping other new moms really. I will look into that too! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->