to buy or not to buy?

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
Did anyone get a fetal Doppler heart monitor? When n was it worth it?

I did, and I liked it, but I stopped using it once I was able to feel the baby kicking. I just didn't need the reassurance anymore once I could feel her. However there were a few times where I couldn't find the heartbeat with it and it caused excess worry. I got it early first tri but I wasn't able to find the heartbeat until 16 weeks.

I got mine on ebay for 30$ right after my first appt where they heard the HB. I had a few scares and a day or two of reduced movement even after 30 weeks. Great investment and gives me piece of mind! I highly recommend it.

Hi
I got one and loved it but only really in 2nd tri. 1st tri it's too early to find it really and like others have said by the time you feel movement you don't really need it. The bigger baby gets, the more difficult it actually is to find the hb!
Xx

I bought one in my first pregnancy and relied on it too much. My DH used to hide it from me! I've since read that you shouldn't use them for reassurance and you should just go off movements as if anything was wrong, then the heartbeat is the last thing to go.
Imi have used it once this pregnancy when I was around 13 weeks pregnant and haven't used it again as it caused me more worry because I struggled to find the heartbeat.

I'm still debating as I am a worrier myself. Are there any specific ones that you would recommend ladies??

I'm still debating as I am a worrier myself. Are there any specific ones that you would recommend ladies??

I have the sonoline and it worked great! Even came with the gel.

I got mine around 9 weeks and found baby right away. I used it about once a week, which was really reassuring because I have an anterior placenta and didn't feel baby until much later. I too stopped listening regularly after I could feel baby kicking.

I have a sonoline b and it has worked well for me. Totally worth it.

Sonoline b

Used from about 13-18 weeks which is when i started to feel kicks.. Then i used it less and less.

But i have used it the odd time 38-40 weeks just for reassurance as babe moves less now duing the dy but like a ild child at night

Please please please, if you think your baby is moving less call your midwife/care giver. Do not rely on hearing a heartbeat as a guarantee that baby is ok.

I bought one and for me it was definitely worth it. But I was super paranoid at the beginning and I needed the reassurance. It was my first pregnancy (to make it past 5 weeks) and I never had any symptoms and didn't feel pregnant. Listening for the heartbeat definitely made it feel more real and I felt a lot better.

Like everyone else I used it a lot at the beginning (13-18 weeks) but once he was moving regularly I didn't really need it.

There is a great YouTube video that teaches you how to find the heartbeat and how to differentiate the sounds you'll hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->