To chart or not to chart? Straight after mmc.

debzie

Mammy to two girls.
Reaction score
Hello ladies just thought I would ask for some advice.

Prior to my miscarriage I charted and started getting the hang of it.

Was just wondering if any of you ladies had started charting again straight after? Or will my hormones be all over the place so there is no point?

Thanks in advance. x

Would love to know what others think to this question so will be following this thread. Im actually planning to wait till AF arrives then chart from there... Im currently using OPK's daily to asses if im ovulating at all but think i missed my day =(. AF should be here in about 5 days (i hope) xx

Thanks inoue, I am debating at the moment I know opks wont be much help if I still have hcg in my bloodstream. It may pay just to chill out this cycle and start properly from the next af as my GP and everyone else has suggested but I am so tempted to start from now. Just so I feel like I am doing something. x

i charted and did opk after my first proper cycle, when i mmc my cycles went from 29day to 38 days :?

after my son they went bk to 29days x

Sometimes you do need to feel like your doing something to help your body out. Its gone through alot so im not relying on normal symptoms like ovulation cramp, ewcm hence ive brought about 30 OPK's from ebay for a couple of quid and im using one a day to catch my surg ~ i have the temptation to BBT but i just cant see a point in it untill AF has been and gone. You do what you feel comfortable with hun :hugs:

Thanks ladies have a good few days to decide waiting to stop bleeding. I too have bought a tonne of opks and cheap hpts off ebay last night so will be using them.

I am charting and I havent gotten af since my mmc May 26th. I am not temping, just charting opk's and bd for now...

I MC on 06/12, so 2 weeks ago today. I was 5w3. The night of MC my HCG was 55, down to 48 the next day. I took a HPT last sunday and it was BFN. I had my HCG redrawn this past Wed and they were still at 15. I have been using OPKs since the negative HPT all have been negative. I am using the digital ones. I started getting ALOT of EWCM, this afternoon so I will check aan OPK later and all this week. I amhoping my darn HCG is down to 0 already, but it will be redrawn either tommorrow or Wednesday. I also thought you started CD! the day of MC, but as I am reading alot of people have said their OB's told them the day the HCG goes to 0, they will count as the first days of their LMP.
It is all confusing. I am just doing the OPKs to see what happens, it makes me feel like I am doing "something". All though I guess it is all useless until the HCG is at 0, but darn from Wed till today I would hope it is at least under 5. I am sooooo impatient. It seems like alot of people started out with way higher HCG's and theirs went to 0 like after a week.

Thanks sammy, I will not know when my hcg goes back to <5 unless there is a problem as our docs do not routinely check post miscarriage. Last time my levels did not go down until 8 weeks post mmc but then af arrived a week later??? So I think you cannot start lmp from hcg <5 I would go with cd1 being the first day of bleeding from the miscarriage but I may be wrong? x

I started back up with bbt a week ago. It`s been just 3 weeks since my miscarriage, but I wanted to see if I could pick up on a temp pattern so I could know what my body is doing (hasn`t helped yet :S ). When I get af, I will then start my cbfm again.

I have decided to do the same saj, bleeding is medium/to light flow now and strangely stops on a night. I have started temping this morning and will just do it as and when, hopefully it may give me a heads up to next af. x

ok so my temp MIGHT be telling me something today. It has sky-rocketed to 98.7:shrug: Temps can be all over the place after a mc thought, right? Hmmm....

Hey lovelies, firstly it is completely up to you whether you decide to start BBT again or not.

One thing I will say is that until you have a first proper period after your mmc (usually 6ish weeks - everyone differs) your temperatures will be all over the place. I know this from experience but I think that emotionally it helped me BBT as it felt like I was actually doing something.

Good luck on your journeys :hugs:

I charted, but not very consistently. But my temps were all over the place and there was no pattern (temps all over the place). AF came 4wk1d after D&C and I began charting again and I'm CD 7 right now and they have pretty much resumed the same pattern as prior to PG/ MC. I will begin using OPK's again on CD 10 just in case I OV on a different day than I usually had before (CD 17). Good luck to all of us!! :flower:

I have started temping again too. I would like to see if my body is getting back into some sort of pattern, but so far they have been higher than normal and a bit wonky. It makes me feel like I'm doing something proactive, so I will keep at it.

Aww thanks ladies for your replies. I really feel like I need to do something even though I am still bleeding. I have my opks at the ready and some hpts to monitor when I get my negative ( as my docs wont do it) I am going to temp but as and when I remember. Good luck ladies. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->