To find out or to not find out..That is the question

Willow87

Reaction score
I'm expecting my first baby in late May and have always wanted a girl first. ACTUALLY, I didn't really mind till everyone started guessing that this baby is a boy due to hubby's heavily boy populated family and now I just want to prove them wrong. I always had the intention to find out. But then I posted my picture here, genderdreaming and on Ingender and received 90% boy guesses and that has made me want to wait.

I know I'm still within chance of having a girl since my ultrasound photo was 12 weeks. Plus 2 of the ultrasound experts on ingender(lovemy4 and coldwater) have both said that the full nub isn't seen and guessed 50/50. Wondering what everyone else was guessing on...

anyways I'm rambling. Hubby thought it would be a cool idea to wait and I do too. HOWEVER, I'm worried that I won't bond with baby.. I don't think I could ever feel disappointment when I hold my child but other have told me I might and that maybe it's best to find out.

I'm stuck. Part of me wants to find out to get it over with. But I don't want to feel bummed out throughout the rest of my pregnancy and deal with the "haha told u it was a boy!" comments. I pretty much only want to know if it's a girl lol.

What do you guys think?

HI there, i never found out with my DS I was sure he was a girl but the 2nd he came out I didn't care, which is why we have chosen not to find out this time as well.

Loads of people have told me this is definitely a boy as the head looks like a boy on my 20 week scan!?!?! Oh and I am carrying at the front so obviously that's 100% correct! :shrug:

But also with us we realized how little we were actually worried that DS was a boy once he was here we thought whats the point of feeling a little disappointed the rest of this pregnancy if it's not a girl, also if we found out it was a boy we don't have to listen to the 'I told you so' as no one would dare say it to me once baby is here if it's a boy! lol xx

Hope that made sense!?!?!?

It's a tricky one as everyone has different views. I wanted to find out what gender I was having for several reasons.

With my first baby , the hospital I was under wouldn't tell you sex at your scan and private scans weren't as accessible as they are now. ( it was over 16 years ago ). I was adamant I was carrying a girl. When my son was born , I didn't bond straight away and suffered post natal GD. I love him with all my heart , but it wasn't instant love at first sight and it took a few weeks for me to bond with him. I chose to find out the gender this time as although I desperately want a girl , I wanted to know if it was a boy so that I could come to terms with him and fall in love with him before he gets here.

I was petrified that if I didn't find out , and baby was a boy , that I would go through what I did before and not bond with him.

It was very hard hearing the words " it's a boy" but I am now in love with the little one inside me and can't wait until he gets here. It's taken time to get here , but for me personally , I'm glad I made the decision to find out before he arrives. Yes , I still struggle with the feelings inside me yearning for a little girl , but I have bonded with my little munchkin and that's what's most important to me at the moment.

Only you and your other half can make the choice wether you wish to find out the gender , whatever choice you make , good luck xxxxxxx

Would you rather feel 'bummed' just after giving birth? Lol.
I'd find out for that very reason, just so you can give yourself time to warm up to it if you are having a boy.
Good luck.

See I just don't think I would be bummed out. I already feel it's a boy so having one would not surprise me lol. I can understand if you have like a 2+ of the same gender and desperate for the opposite. But... It's my first. I don't think I would be depressed holding my baby. But I see what you mean. Us fnding out would only be because we want to prepare. I guess I'll leave it for now and see what happens!

I didn't find out with DS2 because I was afraid I'd be disappointed if they told me boy since I was leaning towards wanting a girl.

I'll never know how I would have felt if they'd told me boy as I didn't find out, but I do know I wasn't the slightest bit disappointed when he was born.

Hope that helps, I would recommend team :yellow: myself but it's what's best for you.

I felt the opposit to some of the ladies here. If I'd had a scan and found out I was having a boy, I would have been upset. However having just given birth and being told that my baby who was laying on my chest was a boy, it was lovely!

I personally think its better to find out, so you can be prepared...emotionally, and clothes-wise, unless you like gender neutral clothing, and won't feel down at the birth.

Hi Willow, just wondering if you could update us with your baby's gender :flower:

Team yellow here! We decided not to find out. It's easier to live in ignorant bliss. I get to dream of both genders. I can decorate the nursery how I want with boy and girl in mind. I get to enjoy my pregnancy.

Team yellow here! We decided not to find out. It's easier to live in ignorant bliss. I get to dream of both genders. I can decorate the nursery how I want with boy and girl in mind. I get to enjoy my pregnancy.

So happy to hear it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->