To find out the sex or not?

I found out with my first and loved knowing. I think it helped me bond with her because she wasn't an 'it' anymore. I hope to fimd out with this one too. It'll help to know what clothes to buy also.

I'm ashamed to say I cried at the appointment I think this was partly to do with hormones but I felt like I had let him down and like I couldn't give him a son.
Yes I imagine we'll get all that if we don't find out. For both sets of parents its the first grandchild so I imagine they'll want to know!

And interestingly enough, girls run in my family (out of 7 cousins on dads side- I boy, and out of 6 on mums side- again 1 boy!) whereas boys are more common in hubby's (he has a sister and that's it on both side of his families- all boy cousins and there's a lot of them!) plus there's the added fact that all my cousins who have babies have had only girls and on hubby's side only boys!

So we should balance each other out, so to speak!

We have other said we don't mind either way, just a healthy baby is enough :) and its the first, so we don't have a preference :)

(Having said that, we'd like 2 kids and I'd love the boy to be first, just cos I believe the boy should be older to protect his younger sister at school etc. silly I know!)

Lol Hun dearran was the first boy born into my family since 1700's. I know my maternal great gran was 1 of 15 girls. Gran is 1 of 12. Mum 1of 2 girls. My generation myself and 2 sisters. My aunt has 5 girls.... Lol

Surprises are good we just 'wanted' to know

The gender is determined by the man! I wish they knew this in Henry 8th's time. :haha: It's the sperm that reaches the egg that causes a girl or a boy, female sperms are generally slower but last longer, and male sperms are faster but die quicker! So you can't guess at all really based on family history of more girls or more boys! If you had sex a few days before ovulation then you are slightly more likely to have a girl, but if you had sex the day before ovulation then it's slightly more likely to be a boy. But you can never really tell what the sex is going to be. We, hower, BD'd pretty much every day leading up to ovulation and a couple of days after - so no clue what sex it is slightly more likely to be!

I thought I would want to know what the sex is, but I remember how excited I was when my sister was in labour and I really wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. My cousin is due to give birth soon and found out what she was expecting, and now it's just sort of like - when will he arrive?

I think it does take a little of the excitement away, also I heard some ladies push better in labour if they don't know the sex! :haha: Probably no truth in that though. But for the extra excitement and added mystery, I don't think we will choose to find out the sex before birth. It also makes for fun conversations with family and friends guessing what it may be.

I defiantly couldn't handle not knowing for the first one, second one i think i would wait. Itl b a chain breaker no matter what gender it is as my dhs sisters both have had only boys, but my dh cousins have all had girls. So we want a boy so we can carry on the family name (we are the last ones left to try) but we want a girl so my mil will finally get a grand daughter :)

I'm going to find out. I'm too impatient, couldn't possibly wait another 8 months, lol. I don't really think it's a surprise waiting because it has to be a boy or a girl, the surprise for me is the look and weight etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->