To go Urgent care Unit or not??

Sophie001

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I haven’t posted on here for a few years now, but I am after a bit of advice. I am about 5 weeks with my 2nd – I’m scarily looking like I’m about 4 months already though…. Yesterday I was woken up early hours by a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left hand side which the proceeded to carry on all day easing on and off as the day went. Today I have the same pain, but generally everywhere. It’s the sort of pain that takes your breath. The MW on the phone yesterday suggested taking paracetamol and if that didn’t improve in 15 minutes to go to A&E. I had a manic morning at work yesterday and wasn’t able to get out. I spoke with another MW later on in the day who suggested if it continued to go to Urgent care/GP. It sort of vanished for a bit last night so I did neither (plus im sure its nothing), but today its back and is stopping me in my tracks. If I go to the UCU tonight, are they actually going to do anything other than keep me waiting for ages,, poke my bump and then just tell me to take paracetamol and go home. Can the UCU even scan?

Any advice ladies?

I don't know what UCU is but if it's like the emergency room in a hospital, yes they should be able to scan. And if you're experiencing a lot of pain early pregnancy, they'll want to scan for sure.

So I finally took myself along this morning and initially they suspected an ectopic, but it turns out that I have a cyst so I'm now having to go back in a few weeks for it to be scanned again.

I had a horrible corpus luteum cyst with my first pregnancy. It also made me suspect ectopic, but when they scanned me baby was in the right place and I just had a giant cyst. They usually subside on their own after a few weeks. The pain is terrible, though. Good luck!

I had a horrible corpus luteum cyst with my first pregnancy. It also made me suspect ectopic, but when they scanned me baby was in the right place and I just had a giant cyst. They usually subside on their own after a few weeks. The pain is terrible, though. Good luck!

How did you manage it? I feel sick when I lay on my side, but feel dizzy when I lay on my back. It's making me miserable 😭

Glad it was just a cyst.

I think the corpus luteum cyst is just a part of pregnancy, it develops to provide progesterone until the placenta can support itself. Usually fades by the end of the first trimester. But I guess sometimes they get a little aggressive? lol.

I had a warm compress that I would put on it while I lied on my opposite side. That was the most relief I could get from it. Luckily I haven't had them in subsequent pregnancies!

Glad it was just a cyst.

I think the corpus luteum cyst is just a part of pregnancy, it develops to provide progesterone until the placenta can support itself. Usually fades by the end of the first trimester. But I guess sometimes they get a little aggressive? lol.

Oh mines a different one. It's called a serous cystadomenda (or something like that) any clues on that one?

Dr. Google says they're usually harmless. If your doc thinks you don't need treatment it'll probably go away on its own after time. If you do, it'll probably be that they'll just extract it.

Dr. Google says they're usually harmless. If your doc thinks you don't need treatment it'll probably go away on its own after time. If you do, it'll probably be that they'll just extract it.

Thanks hun, I've been avoiding Dr Google as you never know what you might find. I am concerned about about big my bump is getting though, as I know a lot is due to the cyst as well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->