To Home Ed, or not?????

I'm not sure if I would still have to go through the process anyway as we did apply for a place and were accepted, so they are all set for him to go there. We applied right back in November when H.E was still just an impractical idea. I do think I will end up not sending him come September anyway.
I'll check on EO. Thats where I found my local H.E group :)

I could be wrong, but I think you can change your mind right up until the first day they attend school

oh cool. I'll have to find out.
My 6 year old and I have just been making a pros and cons list of his own. His cons were 'miss friends'. That was it LOL bless him. His asked to make one for school (although I would think it would be the H.E list reversed)

His decided as long as he can keep in touch with some of his friends have have them round to play that he'd prefer being at home. His going to finish the school year off so when they break up on July 20th that will be it! Unless he changes his mind haha

How exciting! I highly recommend getting in touch with other home edders, if for no other reason than to reassure you that you're doing the right thing

Thank you. Feeling very scared, nervous and excited all at the same time.

Also to consider, that if he changes his mind and wants to go back to school, he may well not get a place back at his old school, and may end up at school further away.

Do alot of research between now and then, as I think you still get inspected at home, to make sure they are recieving a good education. It's not something I could do and I would never have the patience.

Also to consider, that if he changes his mind and wants to go back to school, he may well not get a place back at his old school, and may end up at school further away.

Do alot of research between now and then, as I think you still get inspected at home, to make sure they are recieving a good education. It's not something I could do and I would never have the patience.

There is no legal right for the local authority to inspect you, make sure you are up on the legal situation as this is a common myth

One of the girls local to me had the education authority around as she home school and she said it was to make sure the right provisions for education were being met...

From what I have read, the authority may contact you to ask to come and chat with or with out the children, but you don't HAVE to agree to them coming.
I know I can not say for certain that he'd get his place back, however our school is a tiny village school and never has a full intake, so the chance is slightly higher than an inner city school which has to turn children away. It's not something that I have not considered though and has been at the back of my mind.

One of the girls local to me had the education authority around as she home school and she said it was to make sure the right provisions for education were being met...

And if she's fine with that then great, but despite what the LA may say, it's not a legal requirement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->