TO IVF or NOT?

jaan613

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
So confused :wacko:

I am tempted to move to IVF, after a few rounds of IUI with injectables. (See details in my signature.) IUIs are costly here in Asia, as is IVF, but I just feel like it's worth it, money wise, as much as it is. I'm getting impatient now. Ofcourse the money is a big part of it. That aside though; do you all think I am ready for the move? Or give IUI another few more cycles?

I hear that you should move to IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI which are consecutive. I had an IUI in Feb, March, then September and now October (Praying and hoping I get my BFP!)...but if not, I want to start IVF right away and not lose any time, which means I have to go to the fertility clinic day after AF shows (hope she doesn't.)

Should I try one more round of IUI? Two more round? Move to IVF?

Is it true that you should move to IVF only after at least 3 "consecutive" cycles?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dh and I moved to IVF after 3 consecutive failed IUI's. We did 9 total IUI's. Waste of money on them. They are 3+ grand here. If you feel like your ready for IVF, then go for it. You've already done 5 IUI's. I see that your 5th one was this month. I hope you get your BFP!

i totally understand your struggle with the "what to dos."
we also did several iuis. my dr. recommended ivf from the start, but we just weren't comfortable with it. even though we went through a lot with the iuis, i feel like in the end, it was what we personally needed to prepare us for ivf.

our dr. offered mini-ivf, which was a nice compromise for us. a mini means less injections and monitoring. as it turned out, even though my body responded to clomid with all the iuis, it didn't with the mini-ivf. we ended up having to do about 8 injections and going in quite a bit for monitoring, but knock on wood, it ended in a positive result. the dr. was able to retrieve 3 embryos and all 3 fertilized.

i will be 12w on monday with one little one.

i should add, the mini was done in the summer, when i have work off, so that made things relatively less stressful.

overall, i wouldn't change anything, as it brought us to this point. you really have to go with your gut, heart and what you're comfortable with.

i wish you all the best:dust:

Hi, I havent had iuis but we were choosing to pay for that or go for 1 funded go of ivf, we could have dome iui in the meantime but dh said the money spent on iui could go towards more ivf of needed so we skipped it and going straight to ivf, its all expensive but youve already spent money on iui and could now try something different if you are ready, good luck!

My husband and I had our minds set to do IVF as we were getting impatient (4yrs TTC) but after speaking with my RE & getting the clear on a healthy uterus follies and no sperm problems (and having 1 left tube), she reassured us to try iui for 2 rounds and if nothing happens to go straight to IVF by December.

I'm optimistically cautious about my 1st iui which will hopefully be scheduled this week, but I know at least I tried something less extreme and won't kick myself in the butt for not doing so.

(I am taking fertility drugs 100mg clomid and Ovidrel trigger shot w/ iui)

I did several rounds of IUI...some cheaper with gyno & then some with RE & injections. I also feel like I had to do them to prepare myself for IVF. I do not regret doing them. I hope to do IVF in Dec. Looking at your husband's post count, I would go to IVF & no more IUI. My husband's count was similar.

I think that the more research you do for IVF the more comfortable with it you become.

Hi,

Thank you all for responding and your input - muchly appreciated.

I spent the past two weeks visiting different fertility clinics and met with two doctors for IVF, who my current doctor recommended. We finally chose one we like and decided if our current IUI cycle failed, we would start IVF right away. I got all the blood work scheduled, figured out our money plans, etc........prepared myself for this big change.........only thing....

I GOT A BFP!!!! I am so extremely EXCITED and THANKFUL. This was our last IUI and although I was 'ready' for IVF - I really secretly hoped inside that I didn't need it. It is still sooooo early along, I am only 14dpIUI today; but I am wishing hoping and praying for the best.

I had a miscarriage with my first BFP/IUI #1 so I am extra cautious about anything right now.

Please please please let this stick!! I am technically only 3w6d today and don't go to my doctor till Oct 30 - but I get a beta done tomorrow.

I was so sure it would be a bfn, my husband and I were freaking out when we saw the double lines!! I never thought I would see those again.

<3 Wishing you all the best!

What a fantastic update! So pleased to read this :) x

Hi,

Thank you all for responding and your input - muchly appreciated.

I spent the past two weeks visiting different fertility clinics and met with two doctors for IVF, who my current doctor recommended. We finally chose one we like and decided if our current IUI cycle failed, we would start IVF right away. I got all the blood work scheduled, figured out our money plans, etc........prepared myself for this big change.........only thing....

I GOT A BFP!!!! I am so extremely EXCITED and THANKFUL. This was our last IUI and although I was 'ready' for IVF - I really secretly hoped inside that I didn't need it. It is still sooooo early along, I am only 14dpIUI today; but I am wishing hoping and praying for the best.

I had a miscarriage with my first BFP/IUI #1 so I am extra cautious about anything right now.

Please please please let this stick!! I am technically only 3w6d today and don't go to my doctor till Oct 30 - but I get a beta done tomorrow.

I was so sure it would be a bfn, my husband and I were freaking out when we saw the double lines!! I never thought I would see those again.

<3 Wishing you all the best!

oh yay!!!! I'm so happy for you! i just did my first iii this morning i hope i too get my bfp! did you have any preg symptoms? :happydance:

thanks so much! i'm thrilled :)

Nope, no symptoms yet, nothing. That slightly worries me, but I know its still too early. :) Best of luck to you Penguin!

Jaan Thank you! and I'm sure your lil bean will stick this time, keep positive and don't worry yourself too too much, i know thats killer advice but "think good thoughts" :hugs: Keep us updated on your sticky bean :baby: :flower:

Thank you wonderful ladies! x

Hoping and praying for the best. No negativity allowed! :)

Ahhhh!!! Jaan!!!!! I saw you were the last one to post here, so clicked in to check on you. Congrats on your BFP!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Sending everything sticky to you!!!

Ahhhh!!! Jaan!!!!! I saw you were the last one to post here, so clicked in to check on you. Congrats on your BFP!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Sending everything sticky to you!!!

hello hello hello!! thank you so much!!!
you won't believe it, last night before i went to bed I was thinking to myself "i should message gingmg and tell her i got a BFP!" then this morning i woke up and saw your reply! :) of course i am over the moon but trying to remain calm and positive. not sure if you read on this thread but this was our last attempt at IUI before moving to IVF. so glad with the result now just hoping, praying, and wishing for the best.
you must be due soon! how are you holding up??

Hope all you other ladies are well! x

I know its so hard not to worry. The beginning is scary, especially given what you have been through. Try to trust this process. Chances are this is a healthy little bean and will stay with you. I'm soooo excited for you!!! I'm sending everything sticky your way!
I'm good. Getting excited to meet this little guy. Keep in touch!

Thanks gingmg! I will keep you updated, have my next doctor's visit on October 30th. Best of luck to you, I am sure you're so excited to see and hold your little bubs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->