To many sono / Doppler ?

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of using the Doppler to much or having to many sonos/ultras causing issues with the baby?

I heard the Doppler and sonos/ultra can hurt the babies ears as it is extremely loud for them.

I am a bit worried now. In the beginning I had a hematoma so I probably had 5 sonos/ultra in the first 12 weeks. Now I generally do the Doppler twice a week for a couple minutes. I am worried I am harming the baby.

though I personally try to avoid extra ones if possible, Ive had 5 or 6 this pregnancy for various reasons :/ however i try not to worry as there are plenty of women who have frequent ultrasounds (usually because of being high risk) and they go on to have perfectly healthy babies...I have a friend who is extremely crunchy, uses homeopathy and all although she wasnt always this way and used to work as an ER nurse and then worked in a high risk maternity office and when I told her my worries aboutt the same thing, she said I shouldnt have them if I dont have too but otherwise not too worry because so many women have them all the time and their babies turn out just fine :0

I was having them weekly for a while, although less often now. I've read it's not ideal, but not proven to do damage. I think there is conflicting evidence about it. I do try to avoid too many scans/doppler now, just in case it does do something bad. When you are bleeding though, you need to know everything is fine.

yeah we have our 20 week scan in a week and a half, other then that i dont want to use the doppler anymore after reading it could really irritate/hurt the babies ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->