To sleep or not to sleep?

nikky0907

Reaction score
So basicly me and Lola-Rose have fallen into a sleeping routine.I just don't know whether to change it or not.

I've mentioned it a couple of time on the forum already.
She easily falls asleep at 11 p.m.,wakes up on her own at around 3 a.m. (give or take an hour).She doesn't cry or anything,she's just tired of sleeping (what a pun :lol:) and wants to play.
I put her in bed with me so she falls back to sleep and then move her once she's out back to her basket.
She then sleeps till 7a.m.

So anyway,she doesn't sleep much during the day.
She naps twice (if) a day and on my shoulder for a while but would much rather play or cuddle.

She's not fussy or anything,she's just playful rather than sleepy.

I've been told that it's not healthy for a one month old baby to sleep as little as she's sleeps.
And that I shouldn't be getting up and putting her to bed with me but just to let her fall asleep on her own.

I really don't mind though. :shrug:

Should I let her go back to sleep on her own?
And is she really getting not enough sleep (about 10 hours)? It really doesn't make her neither cranky nor fussy?

(oh how do I manage to write a whole book out of a simple question I'll never know :dohh:)

First of all, you do what you have to do to get them back to sleep, even if it means bringing her to bed with you then moving her to her bassinet. Truthfully, she probably just wants to be near you and have the security and that's why she is able to fall back to sleep.

You wouldn't want to know what I do with Chase. LOL Middle of the night, I bring him downstairs and lay him beside me on the couch while feeding him. And that's how he falls back to sleep and so do I.

As for the amount of sleep, if she's not fussy, she is fine. Honestly, some kids just need less sleep than others. :)

Exactly what I'm thinking...if it works,then let it be! :)

Exactly :)

I think you are doing fantastic! :hugs:

i couldn't agree more, she's not fussing or upset so sounds like your doing an amazing job amy, i wouldn't change if its working for you :hugs:

Hmmm...I'll read and laugh at these replies once she's a teen.:lol:

Thanks girls :hugs:
Why do people feel the need to BUTT in? :grr:

Aww bless her. Grace is the same. When she wakes up she just wriggles and makes grunting noises, she doesn't cry. Once my OH has gone to work and the rest of the bed is free, if she wakes up I put her back down there. She doesn't sleep much in the day either, she's too nosy! It's ok to comfort her to sleep before she's 3 months :)

:lol:
She got the non sleepy part from me...she'll probably be knocking down coffee's from her sippy cup at 3 too! :lol:

Hmmm...I'll read and laugh at these replies once she's a teen.:lol:

Thanks girls :hugs:
Why do people feel the need to BUTT in? :grr:

:hugs: oh honey sometimes i think people just have to say something for the sake of it :grr: take no notice, you no how well your doing :hugs:
:rofl: at the coffee in her sippy - my mum used to give me coffee in my bottle :blush: naughty mother :blush: (about 1yr old i think!)

Agree with the others, she may just need less sleep. Hannah went through a period of very little sleep during the days, but now she takes longer naps :shrug: Go figure. As for waking in the night, you do what you have to do to get them back to sleep. Up until recently we ALWAYS put Hannah to sleep in our arms. It's only in the last couple of days that we've been able to put her in her crib (at night only) and have her put herself to sleep--but she has to be really sleepy and almost asleep for this to work.

Sounds like ur doing a fantastic job babes!! I'd say if she's happy then she's happy!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->