To take herbs or not?

hopeful2797

Reaction score
Hello all! I am going mad and need some advice!

I have always had crazy weird cycles. Sometimes they would come every 30-40 days, sometimes it took forever. I didn't have a period from April 2012 and found out that I got pregnant some time in November 2012. I lost my baby in April at 21 weeks due to an incompetent cervix. After that, I got a regular cycle in May, right when it should have been for a "normal" 28 day cycle. I started taking birth control pills at that point. I have recently decided that I don't like birth control pills (I don't care for modern medicine at all actually) because I just don't like how it stops my natural cycle, so I didn't start a new pack this month. Also, I'm at a point where I am not going to TRY to get pregnant, but I wouldn't mind if it happened.

Since I have always had irregular cycles, as soon as I was off the birth control, I immediately started taking L-Arginine, Vitex, Dong Quai, Royal Jelly, and Evening Primrose Oil just to try to get my cycle normal. Well, it seems to me like maybe that's messing me up. I have never had problems with CM before, it's always been abundant, but this cycle I am just dry all the time (Sorry for the TMI). I don't know if that is a side effect of the herbs or coming off of the birth control.

I guess my question is, should I quit taking the herbs and hope for my cycle to regulate itself? I know it takes about 3 months for at least the vitex to kick in, but I don't know about the others. I just want as normal of a cycle as I can get!

In addition to herbs i think you should go for a checkup also and find whats causing such irregular cycles.

I had one and the doctor said "some people just have long cycles and there is nothing we can do about it except put you on birth control." They found no problems when they did ultrasounds when I was pregnant.

i came off the implant in april and had no period for 6 months. it started this morning. about 2/3 weeks ago i started taking vitamin c and iron tablets, and vitex. about 5 days ago i started taking dong quai. i cant say for sure if they were the reason, but its the first period ive had in 19 months (didnt have 1 at all on the implant) and the first normal one I've had since i got pregnant in November 2010.

i agree with you though. after all the troubles I've had coming off the implant, I'm definitely going to look into alternate forms of birth control once I've had #2.

I would find a good naturopath and/or accupuncturist and/or TCM practitioner. I would work with them to try and find what the roots of my issues were if things seemed to be going haywire and I wasn't able to pinpoint/narrow down what was causing the crazy. Taking so many things at once w/o knowing what herbs might be proper for you, good dosages for your overall makeup, etc. might make things wackier. Personally, I started taking Vitex this cycle after digging into info on hormonal imbalance, estrogen dominance/low progesterone, secondary infertility, Vitex, etc. and I absolutely love it. GL! I hope you figure out what's up. "Some people just have long cycles," wouldn't cut it for me. We know when isht is out of whack with our bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->