To those of us due in January...

I've been hoping to have the first baby born of the new year, so none of you ladies better beat me too it hahaha ;)

haha! Go for it! I've been hoping NOT to have the first baby of the new year!! My insurance deductible resets on the first and I'd have to.pay even more outta pocket!!

Yellowduck I'm hoping to get close to 40 weeks, I'm seriously fed up of being pregnant but I really don't want her early. We are in the process of buying a house which we won't move into till the new year, although I stop work Xmas week I don't actually start my maternity leave until 19th Jan and she's due 23rd Jan so I would love to make it to the 19th before she comes, I don't want her late but any earlier than 39 weeks and we really won't be ready for her. We didnt tell the mortgage company that we were expecting so we really need to move before she makes her appearance, if only we could get the people we r buying off to understand that we would be so much better off

Yellowduck I'm hoping to get close to 40 weeks, I'm seriously fed up of being pregnant but I really don't want her early. We are in the process of buying a house which we won't move into till the new year, although I stop work Xmas week I don't actually start my maternity leave until 19th Jan and she's due 23rd Jan so I would love to make it to the 19th before she comes, I don't want her late but any earlier than 39 weeks and we really won't be ready for her. We didnt tell the mortgage company that we were expecting so we really need to move before she makes her appearance, if only we could get the people we r buying off to understand that we would be so much better off

Oh wow, I really hope that everything gets sorted and you are in your new home with enough time to be ready before she arrives! New baby and new house, exciting but stressful! Good luck! :flower:

I'm also one day behind you Lolly! Full term in just 2 weeks and 1 day! It's crazy. Dr says he can come anytime after December 16th. A Christmas baby would be nice, but I'm ok with whenever he decided to make his appearance. I am a little nervous though because LO was measuring 2 weeks ahead at his 33 week scan. I will ask dr about it tomorrow.

I am so glad you are almost about to meet your LO, I just wanted to say to you and everyone else due around Christmas, to please always make sure you make big deal about LOs birthday. My mothers birthday is on Dec 26th and she hates it. Her mother never threw bday parties growing up, although her mother had more than ?able mother skills, but everyone else always skimped on her bday and tried to roll Xmas and her bday all into one. Like oh here's your Xmas gift and BTW happy bday... : ( I'm not sure why people feel this is in anyway acceptable but nevertheless they do still to this day. So, please if you guys have your babies near Christmas just be aware of this and don't let it happen to your LO. I know its bothered my mom for as long as I can remember. She literally had one bday party growing up, how sad! :shrug::nope::shrug:

Awwwwe, I know of a couple Xmas babies (adults now) who hated their birthday because of this!

I am having my third and last baby, my other boys were 5 and 10 days late.... is there any hope of going early??? Hahaha, I know baby comes when baby decides but 40 weeks seems ample time enough! :)

Your so right ambertwogood. I was hoping mine would come around now as I am due christmas eve and really don't want her coming on christmas! Plus I don't want to be in the hospital christmas. No signs of labor yet though. Plus dd was born Jan 9th, so I am already bummed that I will have to combine their birthdays for family. Oh well, I guess it just takes a little bigger effort!
Anyone else getting any signs of labor?? Is everyone being seen weekly now?

Weekly appointments!! Woohoo!

I'm getting anxious. 37 weeks soon and then baby can come whenever he pleases. Hoping it is sooner rather than later.

We have everything ready for Christmas. Talked to the kids about the what ifs and prepared everything. All we have to do is put out all of their gifts!

My grandads birthday is 27th Dec and mine is 5th Jan, he gets way more of a.birthday than I do because we're all already together and ppl have time off etc, every year there's a get together on his birthday, but mine, everyone is back at work and skint so I hardly get any gifts and hardly see anyone. I wud much prefer a Xmas baby than an early Jan baby, just hope mine holds off till end of Jan like she should

My birthday is the 19th December (I was due on Christmas Day!) and have always loved having a birthday so close to Xmas :D people have tried to be lame in the past and get me combi presents (and sometimes even CARDS :shock:), and ok, maybe I did kick off at my 16th birthday party because the DJ played a Christmas song :rofl::rofl: but it's always been a fun and exciting month to have a birthday in, so hoping if my LO does come in December she'll feel the same about it as I do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->