• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To those pregnant with number 2 or more...

Mrs_Wright

Reaction score
My son will be 22/23 months old when this baby arrives, he's been walking since he was 10 months, so now at 16 months he's very confident with walking and running but I am wondering if I'll need to buy a double buggy or not :/
With my son, he had his lay flat pram (a petite star kurvi) but when he went to sitting up, we bought a baby jogger city mini as it was so much easier and nicer to push! We don't have the petite star anymore as we have given it to BiL.. So either way I'll need a new pram (yay!!) but I just don't know whether to go for a double or not!
What did/are you doing?

Well my daughter is now 24 months. She can walk 1-2 miles without her buggy.

I plan on getting a buggy board for the pram when the baby arrives and also using a baby carrier for the first couple of months.

I'd just play it by ear.

^^wss. My friend has the buggy board and my LO loves it. She will be three and a half when baby born but very lazy and even now if we go far if I don't bring the pushchair I end up carrying her x

My DD is a confident walker at 22 months and will be 2 and a half years by the time this baby is born. I will carry my 2nd baby in a sling more in the beginning so will not be buying a new stroller since I do have a travel system, stroller and a jogger. Lol

Mine are almost 22months apart and eventhough its early days the double pram has come in handy. I have a baby jogger city seelct which coverts from single to double, so when we are going on a long walk or out shopping we use the double, when its a shorter walk we use it as a single. My toddler is a runner, so the pram is useful for containment purposes and I find that babywearing sometimes gets in the way of playing with her or chasing her. I'd say its not essential but down to personal preference.

I would recommend a double buggy or a kid-sit. Sometimes kids are too tired for buggy boards. My oldest is 4 and still wants to go in the buggy if she is tired.

I've been having the same thoughts! My Daughter will be 2 the same month the baby is due. I don't want to waste money on a double buggy if I don't need one, but I also don't want to be restricted as to where we can go when Hubster is at work with the car!! I was thinking buggy board but take the sling/ergo with us. If DD gets tired I could pop baby in sling and let DD use pushchair. Or let DD go in the Ergo as it's safe until she's 3.5. Depends on how I cope with that weight. She's still like a cloud in it right now.

My daughter will be 2 years 3 months when this baby is born, which is exactly the same age my first son was when my 2nd son was born, and although he was a confident walker walks around town etc would be very tiring for him, i had a double buggy that converted to a single, and i will be doing that again, buggy boards i hate your constantly smacking ur shins on them and walking like a duck with ur butt poking out to try avoid hitting ur shins lol plus as soon as u put one of your pram your pram warranty is then void. And i found my poor sons legs were too tired to be standing on a buggy board anyway. I had a Phil and teds last time. Dont know what i will get this time but it will have to convert from a double to a single :) x

Ok. Makes sence, but good dubble buggys are expensive here were I live. Unless I import, but tax might hit me again.

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_95826_10001

My age gap between my boys at 2yrs 9months and I didn't get a double I just had a buggy board, a baby carrier and used a combination or if we went for a day trip we both pushed a pram! There with be 2yrs between the youngest and the new baby and I'm not getting a double either. My youngest loves walking and walks everywhere and rarely goes in the pram now at not quite 18 months so i will just use the same combination of baby wearing, buggy board and pram x

I was wondering this. DS will be just over 2.5 by the time this one arrives. I like the idea of a single that converts to a double tho!

I don't think he would like a buggy board, at the moment he loves walking on his own, refuses to even hold my hand. I can't see him staying on a buggy board tbh. Plus, if he's still napping then & we're out for the whole day what would I do? It's a difficult decision!

I didn't with my second, my 1st was 22 months when twins arrives, but had to have double as it was with twins, but our 1st hated the pram. This time twins will be 29 months when this one arrives, again I'm not getting a triple so they will have to walk lol.

It's up to you. Don't know if you will NEED a double but will be useful in some circumstances. Some people keep their kids in prams at over 4 so it really depends on child and parent.

My son will be 23 months old when his brother arrives. He started walking at 10 months also and is a pro at it and loves to walk with mommy on the side walk...but he still gets tired and likes his stroller for when he wants to sit back and rest. I also think he will want to be riding more once his brother is in there just because his brother is sitting in the stroller :haha:

Pregnant with my 3rd baby, my youngest will be 23 months when this baby is born. I have a double Phil & Teds stroller. I would suggest a double yes.
You just never know when you will need it, if you go on a trip, long walks, whatever...even though your son will be 2, they are still so little at that age, and may need it regardless if they're good at walking or not. There are SO many strollers to choose from, and some are like a single stroller and you just attach an additional seat to the front or back ... might be something to look into:)

My son will be just shy of 3 when his brother/sister arrives... I was thinking of getting one with the ride along thing on the back.

I will be getting a double stroller because my daughter will only be 19 months when the new baby arrives. I think in your case a Sit n Stand stroller will be the best option.

Maybe try a sling for the new baby? And you can keep the dingle. Mine will be nearly 4 when this ones born so a double wouldnt be an issue for us but we won't be buggying at all.

My first two were 24 months apart and i dont have a car so used the phil and teds (sngle that converte to double) still have it now and occasional my 4 year okd will sit in it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->