• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

Pushed for 32 minutes, though for the first 10 minutes I really didn't know what I was doing and I wasn't pushing properly. Kinda hard to tell with an epidural! I needed 5 stitches, 2 on top, 3 on the bottom, and DD was 8 lbs 10 oz. :')

I can't imagine what it must be like having an epidural and not knowing what you're doing, when I started the pushing stage my body just completely took over, I just knew to push, I didn't have a MW with me (she got there 5 mins late) it wasn't even scary.

I pushed for 20 minutes first baby, only grazes, i didnt use RLT. Tbh i wont use it again this time as hopefully itll be quicker than first time anyway x

From what I can remember about 40-1 hour I think! I was exhausted! x

Well since posting this question ive had our 2nd DD! She was 6lb 13oz and my established labour was 2.24 hours (although I had about 10 hours of contractions before that without progressing!)
My pushing stage was about 20 mins but very intense compared to dd1 as I had an epidural with her so had to be coached by MW This time, as some have said my body completely took over and I couldnt control the urge to push. I was shocked at how overwhelming it is!!!!

it was an hour and a half. As soon as I had episiotomy she was out quick. My established labour was only 7 hrs so over all was quite fast

Well done Jayney :)

I actually dont know. I know it wasnt many pushes but I remember thinking if I pushed it would be over sooner so I pushed like hell! I say I pushed about 5 times and it was a few mins. But my last labor was a few hours long.

With my last two I didn't even push ..... My body pushed them out for me. Sounds weird but I had no control, my body took over. Got no tears with them or anything. My first I pushed for 15 minutes and, I had a small vaginal year and, lots of grazes.

So I really hope with this one my body takes over again .... It's a very bizarre yet, amazing experience

Yeah, my doula friend said the pushing is what causes repairs to be needed and that women in comas can deliver babies because the body pushes naturally.

When I went to my NCT classes I was told pushing baby out is 70% natural body response, 30% us pushing. I'm guessing epidurals can interfere with that though.

I have drank rlt with every pregnancy with my first I pushed for 20 mins c section with 2nd my 3rd I pushed for 12 mins and my 4th I pushed for 3 mins xxx

first baby 30 mins, second baby 8 mins

i didnt really push. my body took over and pushed.

first baby was about 10 mins. 2nd baby came out after first push.

15 minutes WITH a very strong epidural. RLT helped I think. She was my first x

In all, pushing was like 25 minutes. It went slow at first because I farted in the nurses face during one of the first pushes and I got embarrassed and didn't want to push too hard in fear of farting again...:haha:

Then like 10 minutes in, I was like, "Screw this!" And really got into it. lol

In all, pushing was like 25 minutes. It went slow at first because I farted in the nurses face during one of the first pushes and I got embarrassed and didn't want to push too hard in fear of farting again...:haha:

Then like 10 minutes in, I was like, "Screw this!" And really got into it. lol

note to self: Don't read forum posts while dying for a wee. :lol:

First was about an hour,2nd 35 minutes and third was nearly 2 hours as he got stuck (he was 10lb5) and they had to grab his underarms and yank his body out eventually! OUCH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->